I was considering buying a scheter blackjack c1 FR for metal, but now I'm not so sure. I keep hearing bad **** about these guitars.

So what's the deal are they good or should I look elsewhere?
Go try one yourself... and imo they're great, especially the higher-end guitars.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Where did you hear bad things about Schecter?

The Blackjack or its EMG cousin, the Hellraiser are perfect for metal IMO they sound great.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
i liked the ones that i've played.

YOU should be the real judge here. go try one out.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
shecter ar the ****. heaps of metal guys use em and you can get classy sexy looking ones that look like PRS aswell. and the thing is you dont have to pay **** loads for a decent quality guitar
I R GUY LOLOLOLOLOLO1O1O1O!!1L1
I swear by Schecter.

My Schecter is the best (are far as how much I like it) guitar I've ever played. I've played Ibanez, Gibson, Fender, Jackson, etc. guitars at the same or double the price, and I still like my C-Series better.
Yeahh.. and just ONE guy said they were bad.. and didnt even said why .. so ..
Schecters are excellent,

No I'm not just saying that cause they give me free stuff,

They really are...

I've had Jacksons, ESP's and one Gibson, and none of them met my needs. My two (soon to be 3) Schecters cover all of my styles completely. I've only ever had one problem with mine, and it was as a result of me throwing it at a wall. And the company fixed that for me

The only way to know if you like the guitars for sure is to try them out

I did, I liked them so much I bought two on the same day and stuck up a marketing relationship with their PR guys in Australia. I wear a Schecter shirt every time I play live and I get 15% off guitars and free shirts AND free repairs.

Great company
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Whoever told you that Schecter guitars are poor quality doesn't know what he's talking about. Even the lower end models like the FR Damien are great. Hellraiser, 006/007 and C1 series are absolutely perfect and a great deal for the price you pay for them.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Cmon cmon now.

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.

Where in the world did you get the idea that Schecters were bad?
Last edited by mrvile at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by mrvile
Cmon cmon now.

This is UG, we love Schecters and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.

Where in the world did you get the idea that Schecters were bad?

Hahaha, you forgot the Ibanez fetish everyone here seems to have. And hating on Yngwie for whatever reason.

And sigged.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Hahaha, you forgot the Ibanez fetish everyone here seems to have. And hating on Yngwie for whatever reason.

And sigged.

Wow.

I can't believe I forgot about Ibanez.

It has seriously become something of a joke around here.

Lemme go back and fix it.

Fix your sig also
What about the search bar? Like how people respond to threads with things like "I vote for search bar" thinking they're clever.

Really cracked me up though dude.

EDIT: Also, so this mess isn't spam, Schecters are awesome. Really. I wouldn't trade my Hellraiser for anything.
Quote by mrvile

Last edited by ManInAClownSuit at Jul 2, 2008,
no my c-1+ play really good and thats a cheaper schecter...if your thinking aboot buying one go try it out at a guitar store simple as that.
Quote by fudger
no my c-1+ play really good and thats a cheaper schecter...if your thinking aboot buying one go try it out at a guitar store simple as that.

Ha, I play on an even cheaper Schecter...Damien 6! Top that
schecters are good guitars. i was pretty set on the c7 blackjack since the specs were AWESOME.

but.. as it turned out, my hand didn't like the neck.

i opted for a different 7 string.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.