Ive been looking for a new amp and I got to talking with a guy at guitar center. He was talking pretty highly of tubed amps and showed me the peavey vk 212. I basically want something that will make your hair stand up its so damn loud. At the same time, I want quality and great sound. I play mostly rock with occasional classical. Also, when I play with some friends on the weekends, the drums just drown me out. Im using a crappy 15 watt line 6 which was my first amp. Would I have this problem with the peavey being its 100 watts tubed? What do you guys think?
With 100 watts, you're guaranteed to drown the drums out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
why not save money and get the 112? 50 watts is plenty.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Sweet, I'm going for it then. The reason I dont want to get the 50 watt is because I want more power than I'll need at this moment. I'd rather have to much than to little power for my needs right now. Thanks alot guys.
understood mchnhd4

but the extra 50 watts is not going to be 'that' much louder. I've heard anywhere from maybe 3 or 4 decibles is all. Plus, if you ever want to swap the speakers, which you will some day, you now have to swap 2 instead of 1. Plus the 212 is 20lbs heavier at 65lbs.

it does have more cab out options and the extra speaker will push more air but those are the only 2 benefits that i see.

good luck man
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
understood mchnhd4

but the extra 50 watts is not going to be 'that' much louder. I've heard anywhere from maybe 3 or 4 decibles is all. Plus, if you ever want to swap the speakers, which you will some day, you now have to swap 2 instead of 1. Plus the 212 is 20lbs heavier at 65lbs.

it does have more cab out options and the extra speaker will push more air but those are the only 2 benefits that i see.

good luck man

Yea I see your point. Well, if they have the 112 I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

You're an idiot for thinking 50 watts is too little.

I will always maintain that the Valveking 212 is a waste of money, as the 50w is sufficient and for the price of the 212 you may as well just buy a superior amp.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.