Poll: Which one out of these are you most scared of losing?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one out of these are you most scared of losing?
Your mind(Schizophrenia etc)
35 27%
Your life.
31 24%
Your fingers.
27 21%
Your guitar.
5 4%
Your genitals.
33 25%
Voters: 131.
Page 1 of 2
Anyone who doesn't write their life is an idiot.
Because if you don't have your life (ie: are dead) nothing else matters.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Life? Eh, I plan to enjoy the hell out of it but I feel I have limited control at best over when it's gonna end, so that doesn't scare me too much. Guitar is replaceable, I've already lost my mind...Torn between genitals and fingers.
Quote by alex_haeni

But is it possible for a person to be living so bad that they would rather be dead?
my life, then my fingers.

btw why did you put schizophrenia by losing your mind. our drummers schizo and hes the coolest guy ever...until he drinks...jw
Quote by HugeDUmbass
But is it possible for a person to be living so bad that they would rather be dead?

Of course it is...suicide is the answer for those people, at least they see it that way apparently.
Quote by alex_haeni

that's an incorrect assumption.
Mind because I will continue to live, but not in the same way as I lived before.
my fingers because i would go insane without playing guitar
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by Deliriumbassist
What if losing your mind put you in an effectively vegetative state? I don't think that's something I'd want to live as.

(Invalid img)
signed,
your favorite poster
mind -- if i'm dead, i'm not experiencing anything.

if i'm crazy, i'm still stuck on this planet but it wouldn't even be worth it. its like dying, you wouldn't know any of the people you knew, and you wouldn't be the same person as before, but you still have your body.

way worse than dying imo.
I'm actually looking forward to losing my mind. Being an old, senile, grumpy man seems like a good deal of fun. Yelling at hooligans, pissing your pants, talking about how things were so much better back in you're day, yelling nonsense on street corners. Sounds awesome.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by jetfuel495
**** i could live as a schizo. im already halfway there, and dont they got medicine for it?

You could live with constant paranoia, impairment in perception of reality and social dysfunction? Schizophrenia isn't having multiple personalities, if that's what you're aluding to
My fingers. A lot of my life revolves around my ability to type, write, read and just generally... you know, pick things up.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by bigwillie
I'm actually looking forward to losing my mind. Being an old, senile, grumpy man seems like a good deal of fun. Yelling at hooligans, pissing your pants, talking about how things were so much better back in you're day, yelling nonsense on street corners. Sounds awesome.

Haha nice
No genitals: Sweet, sweet freedom from my sex drive.
No guitar: Though I would be heartbroken, there are others.
No life: I'm not afraid of death.
No mind: I wouldn't know anyway.

No fingers: Couldn't use my genitals anyway, couldn't play my guitar, which would lead to me having no life and losing my mind.

My vote goes to fingers.
Last edited by archangels666 at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by alex_haeni

yeah but if you lose your mind whats the point of living? Just imagine going through life without memories, or any concept of being
My life.

I've been thinking about death a lot lately. I REALLY don't want to die.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by alex_haeni

Precisely.
If you have nothing else to worry about whats the big deal?

You lose your mind, you could kill someone.
Lose your fingers, the amount of things you can't do is immense.

You've got to die sometime.
Just my opinion anyway.
Quote by bigwillie

Sigged!

Fingers, because that would limit you from picking up things, playing guitar, typing, writing, fapping, etc. Life would be no fun at all.
Quote by bigwillie

Same here. It's like old people don't care what people think anymore and do what they want. Like when my grandpa walk into to the kitchen with no pants or underwear, and when he saw me, he just started laughing for a few minutes, and then made a pot of coffee.
Well, lets look at this objectively...

If you lose your mind, then you won't realise the difference of losing your fingers and genitals and you don't know what the hell a guitar is much more what life is.

When you're sane, if you lose your life there are no consequences on you afterwards.
If you lose your guitar, you'll cry and then go buy a new one, if you lose your genitals you still can play guitar to ease your pain, if you lose your fingers you can't jack off or play guitar so eventually you'll lose your mind..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Life. I love this world, any of the others and I could atleast be a part of it longer.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Losing a guitar is no biggie- I'd just find another way to make music
Losing fingers would be more difficult to cope with, but possible
Losing genitals would be a bit sh*t, but nowhere near as bad as the last two options.

do you read from bottem to top or what

Anyway (genesis reference ), I think: when you are dead. You are just gone, so that doesn't suck.

Your fingers... I CAN live without em.

etc.

I think it's all about the mind! When you lose it, who knows what bad things you could see! You could see scary death girls in the mirror etc.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Guitar is replaceable.
I'm not afraid of dying, though I'd rather not look for death.
Losing my mind through schizophrenia is more like getting a different perception of the world.

It's between fingers and genitals... however, theres so much more i could do with my fingers and so much more to lose though a lack of genitalia would scare me =/
well, if i lofe my...
life: i dont give a **** about anything coz its gone right?
mind: i wont remember anything anyways.
fingers: no guitar, hard to to anything of use.
genitals: NO SEX!??

so genitals or fingers

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
the last 3 are material things. if i was to straight up die.. well it wouldn't matter how i felt cause i'd be dead.

i fear losing my mind above all things. after everything is said and done, its really all ANYONE has.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Page 1 of 2