Earlier today I threw myself into a new tuning, open A5 (EAEAAE) and decided to write a song in it. This is the first song I've ever completed on power tabs. Check it out!
Attachments:
song 1.zip
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Last edited by alienboy18241 at Jul 2, 2008,
sounds pretty cool. I like the riffs. the distortion comes in rather abruptly, but otherwise it's fine.

I really think you should put some leads over this though. as is it kinda drags on. wait, nevermind. leads come later. cool solo goin on. can you play all that? but the first lead part is really cool but I think more should be happening with the rhythm at that point.

I thought the weirdish jazz chords were good but didn't really fit this particular piece. it just didn't mesh with the rest. nice return to the main theme after that though. I really like it when the 3 parts are playing together, but the song needs a better finish IMO.

overall, pretty good song. certain parts really dragged on but I'm sure vocals will fix this problem. and nice use of the A5 tuning
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
sounds pretty cool. I like the riffs. the distortion comes in rather abruptly, but otherwise it's fine.

I really think you should put some leads over this though. as is it kinda drags on. wait, nevermind. leads come later. cool solo goin on. can you play all that? but the first lead part is really cool but I think more should be happening with the rhythm at that point.

I thought the weirdish jazz chords were good but didn't really fit this particular piece. it just didn't mesh with the rest. nice return to the main theme after that though. I really like it when the 3 parts are playing together, but the song needs a better finish IMO.

overall, pretty good song. certain parts really dragged on but I'm sure vocals will fix this problem. and nice use of the A5 tuning

Thank you, and yes I can play all of that solo. The fast parts are made up of patterns and techniques I'm very comfortable with/good at, so its actually pretty easy for me.

And as for the post solo part, I was thinking of taking the 9th chords out and replacing them by repeating the first part of the postsolo again and adding some lead over it. What do you think about that instead?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Last edited by alienboy18241 at Jul 4, 2008,
that sounds like it would work a lot better.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
The main riff is interesting, but gets boring after a while, and the chorus is too simple IMO.
You should add some BASS to spice things up.
I liked the part when the lead guitar kicks in, but you should remove the let ring thingy, it sounds better with out it.
The solo was kind of random.

Its a nice song but needs some work. Drums would help a lot during the chord build-ups too.

mind critting mine?(new one in sig) Thanks.
Last edited by rodrigomierh at Jul 5, 2008,