A schecter Revenger FR and replace the pickups with Seymour Duncan SH-8 invaders
or
An epiphone les paul gothic studio with bareknuckle nailbombs
I play a lot of aggressive and progressive music from muse to bullet for my valentine
I personally see no need to spend over £500 on my first proper guitar
(currently using an emily the strange epiphone sg thats pretty screwed)

I'd rather spend as little as possible for a good sound
But I'd love a floyd rose so i can extend my playing style combining the harmonics and tremelo arm technique thing
(Currently lacking a guitar with a trem)
The Schecter would roughly cost £450 overall
The Epiphone would roughly cost £400

opinions please
any questions or details needed just ask
I'd go for the Schecter.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
I wish the Revenger were still readily available...it looks like a pretty nice guitar for like $400.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
I'd go for the Schecter.

Failure.

Bareknuckles vs Invaders? That's not even a contest, Invaders are pretty sucky at the best of times.

However, the big picture is that pickups aren't really going to be an issue here...just buy a guitar. You don't need to change the pickups, you just think you do because you keep reading about other people doing it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 2, 2008,
hm probs best idea to wait til i get the guitar before i make up my mind on pickups
does anybody know the quality of the LFR on the revenger cus some licensed floyds are pretty reliable and some are pretty shonky
licensed floyd rose has the same reliability as the original. is just the original is made with better quality in mind. but a licensed floyd rose will do fine. btw i thought they discontinued the avenger with fr. my buddy can't find it anywhere here in the states. so instead he got a hellraiser fr