hey all.
ooook. so, my band has a drummer, he's decent at what he does, but our band has been going for roughly 4 years now, 1 year with this successful lineup.
problem is, our drummer doesnt practise, and still messes up sections of songs.
he says he can't practise because his parents disapprove of noise.
any ideas on how we could resolve the issue?
tell him to air drum to your recordings. if he doesn't have a recording, then bring a tape recorder to the next jam, or hang a mic up and record it to laptop or something.

sounds silly but the air drumming does work.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Tell him to get an electric drum set and practice with headphones? Probably the easiest way.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by Azza Dutt
Tell him to get an electric drum set and practice with headphones? Probably the easiest way.

we have suggested that.
but you see, he is poor.
so that kinda rules that out.
yeah i understand... my parents too hates noise around the house, make him to buy some pads...

same as mine...
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Oh my ***ing god that pron one is like the best one ever and i have seen all of em. Congrats dude you just beat Kensai.
Quote by NickNine
Does your band name happen to be Your Last Memory

nope, Spread The Ashes
we're in Australia.
Quote by DGBnpiy
yeah i understand... my parents too hates noise around the house, make him to buy some pads...

same as mine...

i think he actually has some.
hes either too lazy to use them or his parents still think its too loud.
Quote by geek_core
i think he actually has some.
hes either too lazy to use them or his parents still think its too loud.

Get a new drummer?
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
Get a new drummer?

thought about it, we like him too much though, bahaha.
we're gonna go and have a little chat with his parents after a gig on fridya night.
thaaaaaaaaaanks anyway dudes.
oh, with ur username and problem you sounded like the guitarist in my band, our drummer didnt want to practice and he's probly our third drummer this year, but air drumming does work for some.
Quote by geek_core
thought about it, we like him too much though, bahaha.
we're gonna go and have a little chat with his parents after a gig on fridya night.
thaaaaaaaaaanks anyway dudes.

If that doesn't work, threaten him with violence.
sig goes here
I know little to none about drumming but our drummer is ALWAYS air drumming. He practices but also his the disapproving parents. So basically what we did was hauled his kit off to our Singer's garage.

Problem solved.

The electric kit would work if he can get the scratch together.
I don't think I even know a drummer that practices at full volume at home.
But I do know drummers that place cushions on their drums at home. They can hit them as hard as they want and they hardly make a sound. Although they would be unresponsive.
Failing that, you can get drum pads that go over the skins to practice quietly with.
where do you guys practice as a band? my drummer just leaves his set at my house and he comes over when ever he wants to practice
Quote by CircuitTrigger
where do you guys practice as a band? my drummer just leaves his set at my house and he comes over when ever he wants to practice

we rehearse at a rehearsal studio. we do this once a week, yet it doesnt seem to be enough.

our durmmer DOES have practise pads, but his mum still doesnt want him to play because theyre still too noisy [shes a bitch].
Quote by CircuitTrigger

We usualy practice in the upstairs function room of a local club.