HEy all

just a few question

Should i get a 250w ashton 1 x 15 bass cabinet, which i found in guitar paradise for $250 on sale from $500 and a ashdown 180 head, or some other head for band practise and possibly small gigs...... so total about 650-700

Or would i best be suited with a 180wat Ashown EB15180 Combo for practise and small gigs for about 637 dollars
https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/s...ion=view&id=558

guitarist has a 100wat marshal btw

STACK or COMBO
marshall JCM 800 and 1960A cab, turn presence and treble down and bass. and it'll sound immense
Quote by Engel22
marshall JCM 800 and 1960A cab, turn presence and treble down and bass. and it'll sound immense

GTFO.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Bass Forum...
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Engel22
umm, it had a bass through it

Please just stop.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
hey its freedom of speech mate, i'll put my suggestions out if i want to
You are giving terrible advice, its common knowledge that running a bass through a guitar amp is a bad idea, you don't want to be spending money just to blow up your gear.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
If you could run a bass through a guitar amp why would we have bass amps? Otherwise guitar amps would be called 'do whatever the **** you want with 'em' amps.

Ts, you might need more power for gigs, close to the 300watter mark, however, if you are just playing at practice and smaller gigs the EB should be good. However, you will need to add an extension cab to get the full 180 watts. If I were you I would save a little more for the MAG 300, that's 150 - 200 watts straight out the box. Worth the extra cash I would say.
Quote by Engel22
thats what i did, ****in ace

Prepare for your amp to explode then.
I believe that GC has the 300w Ashdown MAG300 head for the same price as the EB head so I'd advise you to have a look at that.

And you can't go wrong with that 300w head and a 4ohm cab, you'll have the whole 300 watts to play around with
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Well, apparently musiciansfriend has the 600 Watt head for the same price as the 300W.

=/
Quote by ele1122
Well, apparently musiciansfriend has the 600 Watt head for the same price as the 300W.

=/
]

Thats an incentive to BUY!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206