Page 1 of 2
They just posted a song on their myspace called 'It's Dinner Time' which is basically Flo Mournier acting like a displeased fan, in which his mom yells at him to get off the computer because it's dinner time.

I don't know why Cryptopsy feel a need to insult the fans that were with them from the beginning.
Hahaha, they're going to be mauled at Summer Slaughter.

*Cries at the fact that canada summer slaughter (with a setlist of some of my favorite tech. death bands) is making their vancouver concert 19 and older for no reason. :'(
yer just pissed 'cuz you know it's about you.

just lisdten to Nun So vyle and B hapy.

/drunk. don't mind me.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
**** this band /thread

This.
What a bunch of twats.
They sold out, plain and simple.
They changed their sound to what was popular at the time and changed their image to go with it.
Sell outs and now they're acting like spoilt toddlers.
^not only that, it's not even well-written. I like Celtic Frost, they're some of the biggest genre-followers in the metal scene. Besides Cold Lake most of their music is great.

so many BM bands went from singing about Satan to singing about Norse lore. Same thing, they managed to do it well, and Bathory is prime example.

this is just absolute bull****

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Terror Firma
Err, the evidence suggests that they're giant faggots, and have been since, well, forever.

So selling out now = gay? Wanting money = liking men?
Quote by webbtje

no, it just means that they are several large bundles of sticks tied together

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by webbtje

No, no. It's just that being effeminate pussies = gay. There's not a masculine bone in any of their bodies.
Quote by Terror Firma
No, no. It's just that being effeminate pussies = gay. There's not a masculine bone in any of their bodies.

Using gay or faggot as an insult = about as intelligent as a lobotomized squirrel.
^shutup faggot

As if they couldn't see this coming. If they knew that they were selling out, what would they expect? They shouldn't be angry, but more like yeah, we kinda deserve that, but who the **** cares we are filthy rich!

Not go and be lame and post stuff like this on their myspace.
Didnt know Maggie had left too, when the hell did that happen?

Even if they suddenly go back to playing death metal now, they're reputation has been destroyed thanks to this stunt.
Haha they played It's dinner time right before starting to play at summer slaughter
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Quote by Magero
Using gay or faggot as an insult = about as intelligent as a lobotomized squirrel.

That's what the fags want you to think.

In the real world, it's still disgraceful for a man to act like a ****ing chick.
Uhhhh...much as I lurve much of Cryptopsy's material and Flo's drumming...pretty gay thing to do.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
There are a LOT of people going a bit overboard about it though.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Shame on Flo, he has a lot of nerve considering they wouldn't be in the position they are in today if it wasn't for the old fans, and he just took a dump on them.
Quote by Magero

+1

I'm not a huge follower of Cryptopsy though. I just have a bunch of their music on my computer that comes up on shuffle every once in awhile and I enjoy it. But I don't believe I've heard much (if any) of their new stuff.

EDIT:

Quote by Terror Firma

In the real world, it's still disgraceful for a man to act like a ****ing chick.

Still doesn't relate to homosexuality in the slightest
Quote by Mr. President
Shame on Flo, he has a lot of nerve considering they wouldn't be in the position they are in today if it wasn't for the old fans, and he just took a dump on them.

Again, not old fans.

Whiny old fans.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
^^No matter what, as of this point, Flo has legitimized anybodies complaints by going after a large portion of his own fans directly. It was a move with no class that just screamed 'I don't care if you've helped us in the past, and I am above your criticism.'

You don't like what people are saying about you on the internet? SUCK IT UP, you are the popular musician who people cared about in the first place and it is your duty to respect those who have made you and your band what they are today.

At this point, I would practically encourage whining at the shambles of a respectable band Cryptopsy is know because they sure as hell don't deserve respect for unloading a lazy redundant piece of garbage as an album, then firmly giving the proverbial middle finger to anybody who doesn't fall in line behind their nonsense.
Quote by Mr. President
^^No matter what, as of this point, Flo has legitimized anybodies complaints by going after a large portion of his own fans directly. It was a move with no class that just screamed 'I don't care if you've helped us in the past, and I am above your criticism.'

You don't like what people are saying about you on the internet? SUCK IT UP, you are the popular musician who people cared about in the first place and it is your duty to respect those who have made you and your band what they are today.

At this point, I would practically encourage whining at the shambles of a respectable band Cryptopsy is know because they sure as hell don't deserve respect for unloading a lazy redundant piece of garbage as an album, then firmly giving the proverbial middle finger to anybody who doesn't fall in line behind their nonsense.

Indeed, but this 'It's Dinner Time' song is far from aimed at people who dislike the album, just at people who spend aaaages on the internet whining about it.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
The thing that gets me is that Flo thinks people hate the album because it's groundbreaking. Except that it isn't groundbreaking at all; everything they did on this album (including the singing that he seems to think is soooooo unique) has been done in death metal before, and was done better by the bands that did it previously.

Quote by Terror Firma

Really? Because most of the real (civilized) world seems to disagree with you.

Except Christians.

And I'm 99% sure you should be banned for being a multi.
Quote by Scourge441

And I'm 99% sure you should be banned for being a multi.

I'm 100% sure he should be banned for being a sandy cunt.

And I agree with your point on redundancy, even bands like Bring me the Horizon and Whitechapel can do what Cryptopsy currently do better.
The good Cryptopsy died in 1996.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Terror Firma
Sure it does - fags act like women.

I believe you're talking about the psuedo-sexuality know as metrosexuality, which happens to be composed of mainly straight men acting effeminate. Many people that are in this group act like they're gay* because they want to seem different or fit in.

*Stereotypical gay, not what some gay people act like. No offense, gays of the metal forum.
Even Metallica dealt with fan backlash better than this.

When Metallica fans cried, "sell-out!" what did they do? They were just like, "Whatever. Bite Me. We're Metallica and we can do whatever we want."

When Cryptopsy fans cry "sell-out!" they do a stupid thing like make a "song" out of it, and basically admit that they care about what people on the internet say.
I don't think I have seen a band fall so quick from grace.

and they need to spend less time reading people talking shit about them on the internet, and start spending that new found wealth. I mean i can understand still wanting credability, but making skits like that isn't going to help.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
I don't think I have seen a band fall so quick from grace.

and they need to spend less time reading people talking shit about them on the internet, and start spending that new found wealth. I mean i can understand still wanting credability, but making skits like that isn't going to help.

I doubt they need day jobs, but they're hardly growing wealthy off the bull**** they've recorded recently, either.
Extremely unprofessional move.

Edit: LOL I just remembered an article I read a few months ago in which Flo said something along the lines of "If you can't try to appreciate our new album then go and vote for George Bush again if you never want change." Can't decide which stunt is more ridiculous.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Last edited by Penisaur at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by Terror Firma
I doubt they need day jobs, but they're hardly growing wealthy off the bull**** they've recorded recently, either.

Well I don't know about album sales, but the record deal with century , probably put some dosh in the pocket.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Meh. Advance probably in the low six figures (has to be paid back of course - an advance isn't free money, more in the nature of an interest free loan), split multiple ways - basically your average white collar salary. No one is getting mansions off this ****.
Page 1 of 2