Pama Intl opened, they were quite ok. Singer could definitely sing, and Lyndval has a good taste in guitars (Musicmans...musicmen?). But that wasn't why I'd gone

Then the PIETASTERS!!! **** yeah. Love this band. Took me 4 years before they finally hauled their asses to Europe, and that was 3 years ago. They'd played my suburb of Amsterdam where I was at the time. You bet I was happy.
So anyway Monday night here I was again this time in Edinburgh. But they'd released a new album so I didn't know half the songs they played I have 4 of theirs, stopping at Turbo. So no Freak Show, no Crime, no Can't Stand It, no Out All Night, no Crime, and especially no Drunken Master which I was really looking forward to (along with Freak Show). Also the crowd was kinda shy. At their first gig we sang along, the singer would lower his mic, it was much more lively. So yours truly and maybe 5 or 6 people would skanking happily while the rest of the people were probably just waiting for the Slackers.

And then they came. Man it was like Jesus had arrived. Crowd went crazy. But again, they played ONE song I knew, Have the Time. No Mommy, Information Error, Mountainside etc... I really, REALLY wanted Feed my Girl but no I was quite disapointed. Went backstage to say thanks though, they were pretty nice.
Oh and Vic Ruggiero sounds like a stereotypical Italian American, made me chuckle.
And their saxophonist kicks an amazing amount of ass but told me there wasn't much chance of seeing his band (the Dave Hillyard Rocksteady 7) in Edinburgh, nor of Leftover Crack. <_< The songs they played were ok, but I much prefered their older stuff which I was hoping to hear SOME of it at least. Ah well...

Fun times though, and decent guys overall. Still the nicest band I ever met were the Bouncing Souls and Reel Big Fish, no question.
What does a Bronx accent sound like to british folk?

Does it blow thyne ass out thyne skull?

Cuz it's certainly an odd accent.
In England, every single New York accent sounds the same. It's like how Americans think that every British accent is the posh one that the Queen uses.

I suppose that to most people accents from Ohio, Maine, or New England, or any other northeast state all sound the same, too.

But I don't think that, because I've seen every episode of M*A*S*H, and Haykeye Pierce, who is from Crabapple Cove in Maine has a very different accent to Sergeant Zale, who is from Brooklyn.
A person with a clean cut British accent in America is automatically seen as intelligent and sexy.

It's totally unfair. On the other hand a thick cockney accent is not.

Although I always wonder how much of it is a put on.

I ventured to London a few years back and when I wandered into the East end it was quite an experience.

I saw a lovely little cockney boy who's age I'd estimate to be about 12 decked out in braces and boots, smoking like a sailor on shore leave; and he was talking to some dude about god knows what cuz I couldn't understand a word of it.

He might not have been 12 though. Maybe smoking just stunted his growth
A person with a clean cut British accent in Britain is automatically seen as pretentious and gay.

Yeah, Cockney Accents are often pretty fake.

A lot of people in Southampton put them on, although it's blatantly obvious they've never even been to London, because the places they claim to come from have been, and I sh*t you not, "Chelsea", "Arsenal" and "The Main Bit".
Quote by BrianApocalypse
A person with a clean cut British accent in Britain is automatically seen as pretentious and gay.

Yeah, Cockney Accents are often pretty fake.

A lot of people in Southampton put them on, although it's blatantly obvious they've never even been to London, because the places they claim to come from have been, and I sh*t you not, "Chelsea", "Arsenal" and "The Main Bit".

Southampton?

Mate - am from Pompey. We should have a fake-cockney accent turf war. I think the worst cockney accent I've ever heard is in that movie "Green Street"; particularly when Frodo and the other guy are talking about "bees and honey" meaning "money."

Also The Slackers put on an immensely enjoyable live show. The sound of that keyboard actually makes me sex wee a little.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Hmmm. What does a New England accent sound like? I've lived here my entire life and I don't even know.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Well, I think for the most part people just considah da bahstin accent to be the new england accent.

Think the Kennedys...

Or Mayor Quimby.

Minnesota is my favorite US accent.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Hmmm. What does a New England accent sound like? I've lived here my entire life and I don't even know.

People from Boston have really obvious accents. Other than that, .

As far as I can tell, people from Connecticut don't really have accents. But that's probably just because I've lived here all my life.
Even though non-virginians have this notion of VA being part of the south, I think I just have a pretty standard American accent. My accent isn't any different from most people in the midwest or the west coast or Florida. I don't think the American accent changes from east to west. Just from north to south. The closer you get to Canada, the more people that start saying "pop" instead of "soda"... Damn that bugs me. And then of course the typical southern accent.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Even though non-virginians have this notion of VA being part of the south, I think I just have a pretty standard American accent. My accent isn't any different from most people in the midwest or the west coast or Florida. I don't think the American accent changes from east to west. Just from north to south. The closer you get to Canada, the more people that start saying "pop" instead of "soda"... Damn that bugs me. And then of course the typical southern accent.

I've always wondered how far south you have to go before you start hearing southern accents. I kind of figured people from Virginia wouldn't have that strong of an accent.

Also, I thought saying "pop" was a mid-west/Great Lakes thing. But I could be wrong, as I don't spend much time north of CT.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I've always wondered how far south you have to go before you start hearing southern accents. I kind of figured people from Virginia wouldn't have that strong of an accent.

Also, I thought saying "pop" was a mid-west/Great Lakes thing. But I could be wrong, as I don't spend much time north of CT.

Yeah, I think you're right. A lot of people in Illinois say it, and my entire family in Michigan says it.

I think to get into areas with a lot of southern accents, you'd have to go to rural north/south carolina. Then that extends south and west until you hit the florida border and deep into the heart of texas.

Of course, near major cities with lots of jobs, you just get a mix since most people move for jobs nowadays anyways.

Wait.. what was this thread about, again? Pie-tasting slackers? GET A JOB AND LOSE SOME WEIGHT
mainers have wicked thick accents to, buts it more of a a boston accent mixed with a southern accent mixed with a french accent, its really funny actually.

but my favorite accent is the MinnisOHtehn ahccent, oh vikings you slay me
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by RockThe40oz

I'm in NH, and everyone around here says soda

Jack my swag
ya pop is a midwest thing, tonic is southwest and soda is for the rest of us normal people
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by gopherthegreat
I'm in NH, and everyone around here says soda

And wicked pissah
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Aye, hung out for a couple of hours with them, real nice guys.
I met them at the gig they played at Exeter this year and they're actually incredibly nice guys, particularly Aaron and John. I found Scott to be a little bit distant but he did look pretty tired so I didn't hold anything against him.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Scott was very nice when I met him, so yeah could have been tiredness. Rocking people indeed. Very down to Earth.
Quote by RizzoWashburn

"wicked"
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Get in the Caww!!! Drive the fucking caww

This some wicked awsome chowda
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Cahl a daktah! A Craasing gahd just got hit by a cah on the boulevaad!
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
man edinburgh was a great show, that tour was so much fun, i don't have time to read this full thread but i'll give an out lay of it all:

The slackers (especially Marcus, vic, glen) MOST ridiculous accents ever-they are actually alot stronger than they are on stage.
The pietasters they actually and i rarely say this, drunk alot of beer. Alot. Alot..... ALOT
Lynvil, nicest guy ever always happy! always dancing around, all around awesome guy. and that guitar he had with him isn't the one he records with BTW. Finny (singer) and Sean (keyboards) were really nice too.
Quote by crustyreed
man edinburgh was a great show, that tour was so much fun, i don't have time to read this full thread but i'll give an out lay of it all:

The slackers (especially Marcus, vic, glen) MOST ridiculous accents ever-they are actually alot stronger than they are on stage.
The pietasters they actually and i rarely say this, drunk alot of beer. Alot. Alot..... ALOT
Lynvil, nicest guy ever always happy! always dancing around, all around awesome guy. and that guitar he had with him isn't the one he records with BTW. Finny (singer) and Sean (keyboards) were really nice too.

You went to the Edi show?
Quote by Pott
You went to the Edi show?

I went to all the shows

And the pietasters didn't play out all night once!
they played drunken master once or twice i think
freak show got played 2 or 3 times

can't remember about the others.
Last edited by crustyreed at Jul 13, 2008,
That's how I felt hahaha... But I saw them 3 years ago in A'dam, so only old songs there, knew them all! So wasn't so bad. But yeah... was a bit disapointed. Also really wanted Can't Stand It.