Page 1 of 5
he is really narrow minded and thinks he is better than me based on the fact he can sweep better than me

i was wondering if theres sum good riffs i could throw at him nothing to complex but sounds so he will struggle to comeback

dont take the piss for me saying this but plug in baby intro is an example cuz it impresses everyone i play it to seein as i just play it as fast as possible but any1 no any good riffs like that?

thanks

edit:dint realise i sed seep lol sorry
Last edited by tmsrdgwy at Jul 2, 2008,
Seep? nd how are you supposed to decide who wins this guitar off? Some people are going to be impressed if you can put some soul into your music others are just gonna drool over your seeping skills.

UGLY EDIT: God damn you^
I Cum Blood.

Or you can blow his mind with A) Mad slide guitar skills or B) An epic bend over a full 12 bars.
He can't be a n00b, even I can't seep
Come to think of it, I'm not sure Vai, GIlbert, Malmsteen, any of them can seep
You're in way over your head
ohai little sig.
lol no its not even proper sweep scales its the sort where you take a chord and play the notes individually *also known as cheat sweeping*

and weve got people judging and basically its untill the other one cant do better than that riff or untill we cba in which case we ask all the others
Seep?
I think you mean sweep.

You should avoid just playing plug in baby fast.
Playing anything faster than it should be is generally a bad idea.
Try some different genres, something that is really easy and impresses people when they see me play in 'one last breath' by Creed. It's very mellow and sounds great acoustic or clean.

Then on the other hand try something like Holy Wars by Megadeth. Megadeth have a fair few complex sounding riffs which in truth aren't that hard. Not to mention some absolute bastard solos but I'm guessing thats not what you're aiming for?

CraigEdit: I think you mean Arpeggiating a chord. IF you can't do that too well you're probably better off not challanging people to a guitar duel...
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Last edited by HammettHead at Jul 2, 2008,
Seeping?
That ancient tecnique that noone knows of?
He can do that?

You are doomed.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
well thunderstruck and one last breath seem good as i already know them and feel free to mention bastard hard solos but if i can impress him or the others with something simpler ide rather do that

and ive fixed the "seep" so plz ignore that lol
Quote by tmsrdgwy
lol no its not even proper sweep scales its the sort where you take a chord and play the notes individually *also known as cheat sweeping*

and weve got people judging and basically its untill the other one cant do better than that riff or untill we cba in which case we ask all the others

you mean arpeggios?

it's not cheat sweeping. it's a completely valid use of sweep picking. In fact it's the main use for sweeping.

sweep picked scales would just be REALLY fast legato runs.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you mean arpeggios?

it's not cheat sweeping. it's a completely valid use of sweep picking.

sweep scales would just be REALLY fast legato.

ive just got a habbit from calling that cuz of a video i saw
Try some synsyter gates stuff?
For example his Live Solo.
You can get the tabs by searching for avenged sevenfold and go to S-Section
Quote by reachammad

Quote by reachammad

Because that was a phenomenal solo you can LOVE first time you listen to it.

Playing some Avenged Sevenfold may make you win a guitar duel, but definitely not his live solo, that was HORRID, and I thought that when I used to LOVE Avenged Sevenfold.
Own his ass by blowing blues harp.

Or

Johnny B Goode.
hmm, maybe try a different genre.. though.. im guessing itll be infront of a load of non-musicians? in which case probably wont appreciate different genres as much...
maybe avenged sevenfold - seize the day solo? not exactly hard, but sounds nice (IMO) but ive heard alot of other people say its good.

or challenge him to improvisation shiz... as anyone can learn a song given enough time... but takes skill to improvise respectably. may need some backing chords though (tell him to play certain chords?) maybe complex ones, catch him off guard, make a fool of himself
im guessing were on about the san diego one?

not good
Last edited by tmsrdgwy at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by Winsbury
hmm, maybe try a different genre.. though.. im guessing itll be infront of a load of non-musicians? in which case probably wont appreciate different genres as much...
maybe avenged sevenfold - seize the day solo? not exactly hard, but sounds nice (IMO) but ive heard alot of other people say its good.

or challenge him to improvisation shiz... as anyone can learn a song given enough time... but takes skill to improvise respectably. may need some backing chords though (tell him to play certain chords?) maybe complex ones, catch him off guard, make a fool of himself

yes sir you guessed correctly

and yh that is actually a really good idea cheers
Quote by Winsbury

Then his opponent will come out with a blistering shred solo which will make the solo look like kid's stuff, which it is.
Am I the only one that finds this cheesy? Seriously, a guitar battle?
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
The improvisation idea was good... Of course only if u are good at improvisation..
i know it is cheesy but he wont shut the **** up and its so annoying having that bigheadedness in your ear constantly when he probabally couldn't even do the seize the day solo apart from that one sweeping bit :@

i just really wanna put him in his place
Quote by XianXiuHong
Then his opponent will come out with a blistering shred solo which will make the solo look like kid's stuff, which it is.

twas a suggestion, but your right in a sense. though, id say it depends on the crowd, and if his shred solo is actually any good. ive heard many guitarist 'shred', just trem picking way up the fret board around a given scale, sounded horrid...
but like i said, depends on the crowd

And TS, let me know the outcome of said battle.
Last edited by Winsbury at Jul 2, 2008,
Improvising a solo is the best option, cause people will say, he can't improvise, making you a pretty crappy guitarist.
Quote by Xeus
slide tapping ftw

on and a bit of seeping :P

Like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Qgc_PNpdx8&feature=related
the crowd is basically some non-musicians some musicians and a load of people who just really enjoy metal
Do Hendrix and Van Halen-style stuff with lots of trills and wang bar abuse. If you can, improvise off the top of your head with little regard for what key you're in, as long as the phrases begin and end on a note that's harmonically "correct".

Edit: Also, randomly quoting the melody from a well-known song, especially one that's not usually played on guitar (the most cliche example would be The Star-Spangled Banner) in the middle of a solo would be very cool and could impress a lot of people.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by Missingno476
Do Hendrix and Van Halen-style stuff with lots of trills and wang bar abuse. If you can, improvise off the top of your head with little regard for what key you're in, as long as the phrases begin and end on a note that's harmonically "correct".

thanks
Quote by guy_tebache
Smoke on the water

Im not exactly sure how to respond to that.
Page 1 of 5