Maybe, but the only problem I see arising is that it's a B.C. Rich. :\
Just kidding.

Nah, try going to your local store and asking whether they have left-handed version in stock. If else, you may be stuck with getting the nut changed for a left hander. Though, I'm not sure whether it'd really work well on a BC Rich.
Gear(Sucks):
Aria STG Series Strat
Yamaha F310P Acoustic
BOSS DS-2 Distortion.
RMS 10 Watt Practice Amp

Wishlist:
New guitar
Brawl: 2578 4543 4918
Fret access would be **** and it'd be really uncomfortable and unbalanced
It'll only get worse if you try and play it left-handed
ohai little sig.
Quote by Noodle93
Maybe, but the only problem I see arising is that it's a B.C. Rich. :\
Just kidding.

Nah, try going to your local store and asking whether they have left-handed version in stock. If else, you may be stuck with getting the nut changed for a left hander. Though, I'm not sure whether it'd really work well on a BC Rich.

But as it is in the picture, can I play it left-handed?
I AM IMAGINING THE FUTURE WARS... GUITAR WARS, EVERYONE HAS B.C RICH WARLOCKS THAT FIRE BULLETS AS FAST AS HELL.
Quote by Demonikk
Fret access would be **** and it'd be really uncomfortable and unbalanced
It'll only get worse if you try and play it left-handed

I see I see... well I really wanted this B.C Rich... being Left-Handed is sooo sfortunate because there is less variety and they usually cost more than right-handed guitars...
I AM IMAGINING THE FUTURE WARS... GUITAR WARS, EVERYONE HAS B.C RICH WARLOCKS THAT FIRE BULLETS AS FAST AS HELL.
Probably not.

The knobs for the volume and tone are right where your hand would rest when you were playing.

I'm left handed and I play a LOT of right handed guitars because of my friends all being righthanded.

It sucks, don't buy it. Get a left handed one.

Unless your Hendrix, then you're God.
you could play any guitar left handed, actually just string up the strings in reverse compared to the right handed way to string it... if you dont know what i mean, its like string the 6th string where the 1st string should really be strung, and so on.

Quote by druggietoad2k5
Probably not.

The knobs for the volume and tone are right where your hand would rest when you were playing.

actually to me it looks like the knobs are a little out of the way, it doesnt look like it would be that much of a problem.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by cj10schmelzer
you could play any guitar left handed, actually just string up the strings in reverse compared to the right handed way to string it... if you dont know what i mean, its like string the 6th string where the 1st string should really be strung, and so on.

actually to me it looks like the knobs are a little out of the way, it doesnt look like it would be that much of a problem.

Lol really? But will it feel confortable?
and it owuld be kind of uncomfortable trying to get up to the 19th fret i think that is.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Sniperguitar
Lol really? But will it feel confortable?

yea jimi hendrix and paul mccartney did it, im pretty sure they both played right handed guitars... although jimis was a strat, so it would be a little more symmetrecial on each side, but theres no reason you wouldnt be able to do it with this one, it owuld just take some time getting used to.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by cj10schmelzer
yea jimi hendrix and paul mccartney did it, im pretty sure they both played right handed guitars... although jimis was a strat, so it would be a little more symmetrecial on each side, but theres no reason you wouldnt be able to do it with this one, it owuld just take some time getting used to.

Except for the fact that there doesn't look like a good place to put the strap buttons and the input jack would be in his armpit.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Except for the fact that there doesn't look like a good place to put the strap buttons and the input jack would be in his armpit.

o yea... didnt think about that.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
With that particular body style, it wouldn't be comfortable if you tried playing lead - for Rhythm work, it'd be fine - string it upside down and should work a treat. That input jack would be a swine, but it's far enough out the way for you to be able to pull it off. TBH, you'd be better off looking at a jr. V if you want a BC Rich - no wood to get in the way on those beauties!
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Well I don't know what to do... maybe I should learn how to play it right-handed. I wanted to ask this : I write with my left hand, this means that I can play guitar better left-handed than right-handed? I am just starting out ppl.
Last edited by Sniperguitar at Jul 2, 2008,
i'm a leftie and when i started out i just learned to play it right handed. if you start from scratch it doesnt really matter imo
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
I'm left handed and play right handed, it seems to work alright.

I think alot of people in this situation find that their fretting hand will develop more quickly than their picking hand. I have found that when learning something new more often than not it is my picking hand that I have to pay particular attention to. In fact it took me a slightly longer time than most to get basic strumming right.

The only famous player I can think of that is known as being left handed playing right handed is Steve Morse. I have seen in interviews with him that he seems to say roughly what I said above.
The BC rich guitars have bad headstock dive as it is flipped it will be even worse. And you will hate the knobs and switch where they are. Way better to look for a lefty. And the bronze series are not very good guitars to begin with.
im a lefty and i play a right handed strat upside down

i know its not the same but it can be done...fret access is kinda sucky...but its about the same as my LP