E harmonic Minor

Harmonic minor and natural minor scales are very close to each other; natural minor intervals are 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 which has a b7 unlike Harmonic minor which had a raised 7. Harmonic Minor is commonly used over V7, imin7 and is used to replace v-min7, imin in jazz because it has a stronger resolution. This is because between the major 3rd in the V7 chord and the root in the imin7 there is a semi tone difference that creates this tension, which a vmin7 does not have.

Am i right?
Yes that all seems right to me.

I'll just add a few things.
...replace v-min7, imin in jazz because...
Not only jazz, pretty much every genre.

This is because between the major 3rd in the V7 chord and the root in the imin7 there is a semi tone difference that creates this tension, which a vmin7 does not have.
Also a V7 chord contains a tritone between the major third and minor seventh which creates tension that a m7 does not have.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Yes that all seems right to me.

I'll just add a few things.
Not only jazz, pretty much every genre.

Also a V7 chord contains a tritone between the major third and minor seventh which creates tension that a m7 does not have.

Thats gold! I knew i forgot something! cheers
I have a particular opinion about this. The major 3rd isn't flat and for the most part it blends well because of the 5th hence the V7.
Quote by stueey
Harmonic Minor is commonly used over V7, imin7 and is used to replace v-min7, imin in jazz because it has a stronger resolution.

You wouldn't usually see harmonic minor used over a i min7 because the 7ths clash. You could use it over a i min major7 (just a minor chord with a major 7). vii°7 is another chord often used in minor keys that is from harmonic minor.
The Harmonic Minor just has a #7 from it's reletave major scale.

So C major > A Minor are respectable keys.

A Harmonic Minor just differs by one note from C Major. (the #7 which is G#

So G > Em
G A B C D E F# G

The 6th is E minor
So now we take E minor

E F# G A B C D E

and raise the 7th
E F# G A B C D# E
Quote by TroM
The Harmonic Minor just has a #7 from it's reletave major scale. No, it has a #7 compared to it's parallel minor scale, but that's a stupid way to think of it anyway. You always compare scales to their parallel major scales. The intervals for harmonic minor are always 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 7, never #7.

So C major > A Minor are respectable keys.

A Harmonic Minor just differs by one note from C Major. (the #7 which is G#
Don't compare A Harmonic Minor to C major. Compare A Harmonic Minor to A minor (not the same as C major). Also, don't use #7.

So G > Em
G A B C D E F# G

The 6th is E minor
So now we take E minor

E F# G A B C D E

and raise the 7th
E F# G A B C D# E
Don't bring the G major scale into this.

The bold is me.