How much, in terms of music, pictures, and documents, could I fit on 1 GB of storage?
Check out my music, if you please.
A hundred songs or so.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
my rule of thumb when it comes to downloads is:
music, 1 min = 1 mb

video, 1 min = 10 mb

so 1 gig is about 250 four minute long songs. thats very inaccurate though, and its a huge generalisation, i have found it to be accurate on the whole, though.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A hundred songs or so.

wtf?

wikipedia says 17 hours of music...

wikipedia is always true because anyone can edit it
Check out my music, if you please.
I took some files in my folder, and managed around 200 files on a gig. But it all comes down to bitrate and so forth.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Basically, not all pictures are the same size, because they all have different resolutions. Same with music, lots of different bitrates.
it depends quite a bit on what file format it's in. mp3s you could probably fit 100-200 songs, but if you use iTunes apple lossless like I do, a gig is one or two albums.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Depends on the quality of your mp3s... Mine are 192kbs or 256kbps. I can fit about 150 songs on my 1gb mp3. If you have 128kbps or lower quality you could probably fit more.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Depends if the music is MP3, WAV, AAC ...

Then what the bitrate is: 128kbps is the lowest you can really go without it sounding like shit, then 160 and 192 are good; 256 and 320 are the best for the size they take up.