Hey rockers, i got a question 4 you guys when writing a solo the scale thing is it the whole scale like the major or mineur scale or is it just a part of the scale can someone explain ???? thnx
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks
Most solos don't use all of the notes from a scale (Stairway?)
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
The main idea for melodic solos is to use the same chords that are in the song. Now if the area where you solo is like a vamp of the same chord then explore the realm of the entire scale but if you fall in the progression area lets say E A D then try to touch each chord with that note and even harmonize by going a 5 or 7th ahead or below the chord it just adds flavor and man you gotta have flavor. Now if you are shredding learn alot of sweeping patterns for those scales that helps. Check me out and I'll hand off some of these so called sweeping patterns. To answer your question though stay with in the notes like E to E on your scale. 1st octave 2nd octave so forth and so on.
The minor scale is part of the major scale. you can use any notes in a scale and use them for soloing provided that it stays in the same key. Which stems from knowing your modes. I don't understand our question too well though.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
Thnx guy's i think i got it now !!!!!!!!!
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks