Well when i first got a capo, i was stupid and it pulled some of that thin plastic on the neck off, but the wood under is stilll smooth and un-damaged.

What do i do?
thin plastic on the neck?

You should have taken that off when you first got the guitar. I've only seen plastic over the body before, and you want to take that off right away. If you leave it on it can ruin the finish when you finally take it off.
Quote by manofspaz
Well when i first got a capo, i was stupid and it pulled some of that thin plastic on the neck off, but the wood under is stilll smooth and un-damaged.

What do i do?

ya you usually pull all of the plastic stuff off once yo uget your guitar.
Plastic on the neck? If it's the protective plastic then rip if off by all means. i hate that plastic stuff.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
anybody else have any experience with protective plastic on the neck of a guitar? this is new for me.
^ Never heard of it -- I hope he's not talking about the binding. And I really hope, if he is, we're not telling him to rip it off!
Last edited by milagroso at Jul 2, 2008,
Yea... that sounded a bit fishy to me as well. but i was just like O.o ohh well, rip if off if it's the "protective" plastic.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
yeah i'm a little skeptical to tell this guy to rip anything off before i figure out what the heck he is talking about.

threadstarter... do you have a digital camera? take some pictures!
Fishy... I know my brother didn't realize he had plastic on his jazz bass pick guard and after like 2 years it left a goo on the pickguard that was murder to get off.
If I were you I wouldnt mess with it. Take it to a guitar shop or someplace and find out what it is for sure.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
im pretty sure hes talking about the thin clear coat on the binding .. dont mess with that .. just leave it alone
take it easy man .. its just a thread
manofspaz, please either provide us with some pics or a better description of what's happening and where on the guitar this plastic stuff is peeling off. I've never heard of any sort of protective plastic coating on the neck of a guitar. Electrics come with a clear sheet of it on the pickguard and back covers, while acoustics usually come with it on the pickguard only.
Until then, please don't start ripping stuff off the guitar. You might be damaging it without realizing it.
Quote by timmyinpajamas
im pretty sure hes talking about the thin clear coat on the binding .. dont mess with that .. just leave it alone

Nope, because he said he can see good wood underneath. If it were just clear coat, he wouldn't be seeing any wood, just the underlying plastic.
Quote by LeftyDave
Nope, because he said he can see good wood underneath. If it were just clear coat, he wouldn't be seeing any wood, just the underlying plastic.

good observation .. we leftys are so smart .. lolz
take it easy man .. its just a thread