OK, EZdrummer is installed fine, runs in cubase (I'm using SX3) etc. BUT, all I can do just now is click the drums with the mouse to make a sound. I'm planning to buy a midi interface so I can use my edrums with it, but when I use my mouse, I get TERRIBLE lag.

e.g. I click a drum, and it takes anywhere from 1-3 seconds before I hear the sound. Would a midi interface get rid of this? When I play my edrums through it I want to hear it as soon as I hit them, not several seconds later.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I dunno, I just make drum parts in Guitar Pro and export them as Midi then import the Midi file into Cubase.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by weemansyndrome
I dunno, I just make drum parts in Guitar Pro and export them as Midi then import the Midi file into Cubase.

Yeah, but I want to use my own kit to trigger EZdrummer so I get decent sounds, not the crappy digital ones built into my kit, and the lag would make it unplayable.
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

You'll need to program a midi track in cubase to trigger a drum rhythm from the EZdrummer kit.

And bout the latency issue, well you can go to the EZdrummer's preferences and reduce the latency time there. Increase the buffer size. And there are a few more things you can do like close all the programs running in the background that u don't need n such.

Quote by Neillya1
Yeah, but I want to use my own kit to trigger EZdrummer so I get decent sounds, not the crappy digital ones built into my kit, and the lag would make it unplayable.

Oh and that midi file from guitar pro will trigger your drumkit in cubase. A midi file is just a file with pitch, velocity and time duration for the notes to be trigger. Unlike wav and mp3 files, it doesn't actually contain any audio. Its what you use to trigger audio of plug-in instruments like EZ Drummer n stuff.
Assign the MIDI files input to the EZdrummer kit and you'll get the file playing your kit.
Assign the same file's input to a synth and the file will play the synth instead of drums.
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Jul 2, 2008,
To avoid the latency altogether, you'll probably need to purchase an audio interface to bypass your stock soundcard. Get one which has a MIDI input integrated into it, then you can kill two birds with one stone.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
To avoid the latency altogether, you'll probably need to purchase an audio interface to bypass your stock soundcard. Get one which has a MIDI input integrated into it, then you can kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks, any recomendations?
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

Quote by fridge_raider
Do you have a rough idea of your budget?

For a Midi interface a max budget of £150 ($300). Will be recording a whole band and this will be part of the set up, so if it had more than just a midi e.g. a line in that would be ideal.
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093