I'm looking to see what other people are playing for 12 string acoustics. I'm seriously planning on purchasing one in the next few days and was hoping others could share their thoughts and experiences.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
i dont own one but i play a martin 12 string everytime i go to guitar center. It sounds so good, and it feels good while playing.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Currently I'm looking at the Variax Acoustic from Line 6 as they have a 12 string as one of their models.

I've seen the reviews and their lower end versions don't seem to fare well but their higher end ones seem to get good reviews. Still, it doesn't exactly have the feel of a 'true' 12 string.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Any other advice?
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
i like and am planning to soon buy in a week or so a 12 string alvarez acoustic. i think alvarez are a good brand and sound great for the price.
If you can, look into sierra brand 12 strings - I think they only make the one model but it's quite nice for the price. Solid woods: Engelmann spruce, Ash and Mahogany if I remember correctly. The tone's bright but even and it really projects due to its size.
depends on what you willing to pay...but for the price i couldnt beat the takamine http://www.music123.com/Takamine-EGC531SSC12-12-String-Acoustic-Electric-Dreadnought-Guitar-512193-i1166277.Music123 ....you can get it for $400 with their sale on the main page...
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
the best one i have ever played is a taylor. but i'm guessing you don't want to spend that much...
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
I've got a '75 Fender F-55-12 for sale if you're interested (PM). Beautiful guitar, beautiful sound.
http://seagullguitars.com/productcoastcedar12.htm

This is what I have now and I LOVE it. I swear to god this thing sings. You may not end up buying it but I beg you to try it out before you buy another guitar. It became my default guitar very quickly and my 6 string feels neglected, haha it needs lovin too.

Only complaint is I had to have the action fixed cause it was way high, could have just been mine and you can have this sorted out at the store first if you choose to buy it. My other Seagull had no such problem.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."