Hey, This morning i received a new effects pedal just before i went to school so i waas eager to try it out before i had to go but because i was in a hurry i left the amp (peavey valveking) on stanby and its been on standy all day now im worried that it might be damaged, so could you help me and tell me if it will be damaged ? what are the signs of it breaking ? ect
please help, thnx
My Gear :
Epiphone les paul custom (alpine white) Peavey Valve king half stack
Ehx Big muff Pi Gibson sg special faded
Ehx Metal Muff Dunlop crybaby 535q
Digitech Bad Monkey
It'll be fine. Just turn it off when you get home.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
just play through it. it should be alright, you might need a new valve but they're easy to get.
but nothing should have happened
hello
You shouldn't even lose a valve from leaving it on standby all day. I mean, it's going to be hot when you get home, but I can't see it realistically causing any damage. I've left my amp on through a combination of standy and playing for hours at a time, with no harm whatsoever.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
its just keeping the tubes warm. if you leave it on all day its not gonna damage them, but now they have about a day less lifespan (not bad at all)

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Ok thanks guys
My Gear :
Digitech Bad Monkey
was it just Standby and no Power? Should be fine. When you get home, just turn off the standby. Then turn on the power. Wait an extra minute or so if it makes you feel better, turn the Standby on and Rock On. I'm sure it will be good to go.

Signs tho might be things like - only plays at half normal volume, cracked or discolored tubes, things like that but that is usually only if say the power was left on for extended periods.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
was it just Standby and no Power? Should be fine. When you get home, just turn off the standby. Then turn on the power. Wait an extra minute or so if it makes you feel better, turn the Standby on and Rock On. I'm sure it will be good to go.

Signs tho might be things like - only plays at half normal volume, cracked or discolored tubes, things like that but that is usually only if say the power was left on for extended periods.

yeah it was just on standby it plays fine now thanks
My Gear :
Digitech Bad Monkey
I've done the exact same thing with my amp before, it was fine. If it helps I panicked a bit too
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music