Hey guys,

Ive been thinking about getting a guitar synth for a while now but really am clueless on what to get.

i like the HOG and the Micro synth from what ive heard but was wondering what everyone thought? which one has more potential and stuff.... im kinda clueless. i like the HOG because it has alot of potential but im not sure if it has the attack delay that the micro synth has...

idk whats everyones thoughts?
thanksss
Guitars
White Gibson 61' SG Reissue
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Marshall 50w JCM 800 with 1960AX Cab
Fender Deluxe Reverb
EHX Stereo Pulsar<Dunlop Rotovibe<MXR Flanger<EHX Big Muff
Bass Micro Synth is better than the guitar one and can be used for guitar. it also has a lot of other things like fuzz, bowed effect, squarewave. both good pedals but The Hog is just a multi octave generator..great for making organ sounds, Micro synth can do Muse type effects in Hysteria and time is running out.
Do you want a synth or just a really powerful EQ? As the EH stuff is really just powerful EQs, and are not, in practice, synthesizers.
more of a synth but easy to operate... im really into The Who type synths and stuff. really i ust want to experiment with different sounds.. im so bored of everything and want to get something new..
Guitars
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Last edited by JoshSGPGH at Jul 2, 2008,
For the price of a Hog, you could get a used Roland midi pickup and a synth to go with it, which will do more than the EH stuff ever will.

EDIT: The Hog will probably a bit easier to make settings on, but the Roland comes with preloaded one, and most of them are still fairly simple to use. The Hog though is nto really a true synth, as mentioned.
Quote by CJRocker
For the price of a Hog, you could get a used Roland midi pickup and a synth to go with it, which will do more than the EH stuff ever will.

EDIT: The Hog will probably a bit easier to make settings on, but the Roland comes with preloaded one, and most of them are still fairly simple to use. The Hog though is nto really a true synth, as mentioned.

you are talking about 3 seperate things the roland gives different sounds eg pianos, microsynth isnt an eq pedal its a traditional synth for guitar which can give fuzz and other effects and the hog is an octave/harmoniser pedal
Quote by tuwyci
you are talking about 3 seperate things the roland gives different sounds eg pianos, microsynth isnt an eq pedal its a traditional synth for guitar which can give fuzz and other effects and the hog is an octave/harmoniser pedal

I've been over this in another thread... to synthesize means to artificially create. A synthesizer artificially creates sound from MIDI data. A microsynth is simply a powerful signal modulator, like a flanger or phaser on steroids. It is not a "traditional" synth. The only thing synthesizer about it is the name, which is used purely for marketing.

EDIT: A Roland GR-20 is a true synth, as it makes sound from Midi data captured by a Midi pickup. The EH stuff are glorified stomp boxes
i think i want more of a signal modulator... i dont want to have to worry about midi presets or anyhting like tha.. im too simple minded
Guitars
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Quote by JoshSGPGH
i think i want more of a signal modulator... i dont want to have to worry about midi presets or anyhting like tha.. im too simple minded

ehx bass microsynth. there arent too many options. the akai deep impact is the best but extremely expensive