i am looking to buy a reverb pedal and not sure which one to go for. i play a tele through fender rumble 60.

thanks for the help...
Guitars:
Ibanez BTB400QM
Vester Telecaster

Amps:
Fender Rumble 60
Vox VT30

Pedal:
Boss DS-2
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail
Crybaby Original
Digitech Whammy
MXR 10 band EQ

soon to expand collection......

RHCP BSSM
What do you want to spend? The T Rex room mate is great but very pricey, alternatively there's the EHX Holy Grail, it's digital but still supposed to be one of the best on the market at the moment
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
not sure, depends on what i get for the money, i guess up to £40 - £50, but the less the better unless these is a big difference.
Guitars:
Ibanez BTB400QM
Vester Telecaster

Amps:
Fender Rumble 60
Vox VT30

Pedal:
Boss DS-2
Crybaby Original
Digitech Whammy
MXR 10 band EQ

RHCP BSSM
It's not really a pedal, but rather multi effect/rack processor. My ART SGE Mach II has incredible reverbs that stand the test of time. I believe more than a few guys used these for simply that. They can be had cheap used, but it can be hard to find one that is in working condition, due to the fact the system batteries wear out every few years and need replaced, and the ribbon cables had serious corrosion issues. In general, I find rack processes sound better for reverbs, but it will be hard to find one in your price range.
Most reverb pedals are pretty good, except the BOSS. I think that reverb pedal is p.o.s. Unnatural sounding, thin, and if you have an analog signal from other pedals, it changes your tone.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
the holy grail looks great, is it work shelling out for the holy grail plus?

i also really like the sounds of 'flurb'!
Guitars:
Ibanez BTB400QM
Vester Telecaster

Amps:
Fender Rumble 60
Vox VT30

Pedal:
Boss DS-2
Crybaby Original
Digitech Whammy
MXR 10 band EQ

RHCP BSSM
Last edited by xerxesbenario at Jul 2, 2008,
Tube powered spring reverb FTW!

Anyways, I'd look into an EHX holy grail.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Isnt the Fender Rumble a bass amp?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
ye it is a bass amp. i play bass most of the time and have only recenlty started playing guitar so at the moment i just play with the eq to get a nice sound. i will get myself a proper amp soon though.
Guitars:
Ibanez BTB400QM
Vester Telecaster

Amps:
Fender Rumble 60
Vox VT30

Pedal:
Boss DS-2
Crybaby Original
Digitech Whammy
MXR 10 band EQ

RHCP BSSM
Quote by darkarbiter7
Tube powered spring reverb FTW!

Anyways, I'd look into an EHX holy grail.

Tube or Spring powered is really the best way to go, though its pricey.

I have a Vanamps Solemate (Spring powered reverb tank in pedal form) thats really great, however its not cheap. Eventually i plan on selling it and building my own Tube Reverb unit.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Tubes do not make reverb. A tube reverb still has a string in it, but uses tubes to drive the signal rather than solid state diodes and transistors. Tube tends to sound a bit richer and warmer, but purely spring driven is more common in smaller amps due to the fact smaller amps often do not have the tubes to spare for it.
Quote by CJRocker
Tubes do not make reverb. A tube reverb still has a string in it, but uses tubes to drive the signal rather than solid state diodes and transistors. Tube tends to sound a bit richer and warmer, but purely spring driven is more common in smaller amps due to the fact smaller amps often do not have the tubes to spare for it.

it's still not purely spring driven, it's driven by the preamp, which is essentially what a tube powered spring reverb unit is, even quite a few nice amps don't have a tube dedicated to driving the reverb tank.

as for the TS's question, I'm a big fan of the EHX holy grail as a low cost option.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm