Bought this "New" for $2,600. It's Iced Tea and was obviously sitting in this Guitar shop for several years before I got it. Technically it's "New," but it's been a floor model for awhile and has some very minor scratches on it from, well, being on the "floor." Other than that it kicks ass and has everything I wanted. I was going to buy a cherry sunburst LP Standard, but then this guitar was priced a few hundred above it and we bargained it down to $2,600.

Did I get a good deal? I thought new 58' (2006+) were like $3,400.

I really don't deserve a Les Paul because I'm definitely not good enough (and there goes all my "play" money for college over the next few years haha caz now I'm broke), but I figure we'll both grow in time and I'll just get better.

EDIT: Oh, does anyone else like the weights of the Les Pauls? When I was playing the Standard I thought it was too light and was blown away by the fullness of the tone of the completely solid body 58' reissue. I think heavier=better.

AMP: JCM 800 Combo with Ibanez Tubescreamer. Not as good as my dream Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, but that will have to wait like 10 years haha.
Attachments:
resized_100_0048.jpg
resized_100_0050.jpg
resized_100_0051.jpg
resized_100_0053.jpg
Last edited by bambo222 at Jul 2, 2008,
Looks amazing! And by the way, everyone deserves a LP.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
anyone who blows that kinda money on a guitar and isnt a rich pro musician, is a fool

but at least it looks good
Quote by metallica92
amp?

totally irrelevant.

Quote by grungeisdeaduk
anyone who blows that kinda money on a guitar and isnt a rich pro musician, is a fool

if you have the money to buy a sweet guitar, why not ?

it's not because you can't afford it that he's a fool for buying it.
Quote by grungeisdeaduk

You don't have to be a "rich pro musician" to buy quality gear.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
Quote by Teppe
You don't have to be a "rich pro musician" to buy quality gear.

yeah but "quality gear" doesnt have to cost thousands of dollars. i mean hagstroms are awesome guitars and there cheap as hell
Quote by grungeisdeaduk
yeah but "quality gear" doesnt have to cost thousands of dollars. i mean hagstroms are awesome guitars and there cheap as hell

doesn't mean that more expensive guitars aren't better in most cases.
Quote by bambo222
Bought this "New" for $2,600. It's Iced Tea and was obviously sitting in this Guitar shop for several years before I got it.

*Englishman slowly moves towards kettle*

I nearly got a similar deal on a "new" fender mustang, the shop said "oh you can have it for £350" when it was priced at £600. They then sold it the next day for £500... i feel sorry for whoever bought that thinking it was a good deal lol. Anyway, nice buy!
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by The red Strat.
doesn't mean that more expensive guitars aren't better in most cases.

Yeah, most times you get what you pay for. But I have to say that prices on Gibson guitars tends to be a little steep.

Quote by Curious Jeff