here's the basics: me and four others have a group presentation on RATM for our 'History or RnR' class. we have it divided into sections and i'm doing the 'sound' section. I'm going to talk about the vocal style, guitar style and fusion of different genres. after all that i'm going to do a short demo of some signature sounds from Morello. so far i've decided to do the bulls on parade DJ solo (kinda epitomizes the morello technique so i need this in the presentation), How i could just kill a man intro, and i need one more to demonstrate.

keep in mind that i'm bringing in a 10 watt amp and whammy pedal, THAT IS ALL. so nothing that involves delay or wah, etc. any more pedals would be too much of a hassle just for a quick 2 minute demo.

i'd like a sample of something (HAS to be from RATM, not audioslave) that would show how he manipulates the sound via killswitch or whammy. another sample that i thought of doing was the intro to Know your Enemy.

any suggestions welcome! just make sure they're from the RATM era and only involve whammy or less! thanks
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Killing in the Name's solo is really simple and only uses whammy.
to people who know very little about a guitar just think it sounds really sweet haha.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
If you have a pedal board (you can make one, with like...cardboard?) it wouldn't be hard to have delay and other pedals.

If he has the other pedals.
i do have a wah and OD, but don't have a delay pedal atm. i'm more of a pedal minimalist to save on tone suckage and focus on technique. that's not what is keepin' me from wanting to use other effects, it's just that i don't want multiple trips from my car to the classroom for a demo that will only take a couple minutes. i'm not trying to go overkill on this so please understand that i only want to keep it to killswitching and whammy.

i thought about the 'killing in the name' solo and am still considering it, just i figured there could be better examples of his technique. my object isn't to make people think i'm insane on guitar, but to show them the actual manipulation that takes place while he's playing this stuff. it's one thing to HEAR the sounds he makes, but to SEE it is more interesting.

thanks for the tips guys!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
^thanks for nothing primus.

as for the others, i appreciate the help and suggestions!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH