OK, I bought a new amp and it has stock tubes that I would like to replace (get much better ones). My father wants me to wait for the tubes to burn out before I replace them. What are some ways to burn the tubes out faster?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Coming Soon)
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish and Chips

Guitar Rig 3
Why do you want to replace them? No reason to do so unless your amp sounds like ass. Plus, preamp tubes have a lifespan of about one year, while power amp tubes have a lifespan of over 2-3. It's hard to wear them short of that in any appreciable amount of time.
Preamp tubes last far longer than 1 year! If I was you I wouldn't burn them out, replace them and keep them as spares, always a good idea to have a working set of spare tubes. If you still want to burn them out fast i reccommend getting a loan of an attenuator and use it ALL the time, that way your tubes will be running flat out (without being at ear splitting levels) all the time
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by CJRocker
Why do you want to replace them? No reason to do so unless your amp sounds like ass. Plus, preamp tubes have a lifespan of about one year, while power amp tubes have a lifespan of over 2-3. It's hard to wear them short of that in any appreciable amount of time.
Um, no.

Other way around if anything.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
That question made me do something similar to this:

And i'm at work. That's not cool...

Just play. A lot, i guess. Why do you want new tubes, anyway? Stuck with groove tubes or sovteks?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by neon10th
OK, I bought a new amp and it has stock tubes that I would like to replace (get much better ones). My father wants me to wait for the tubes to burn out before I replace them. What are some ways to burn the tubes out faster?

First the dickhead who wanted to break his guitar and now this

Learn to appreciate what you've been given and look after it...don't be so ungrateful.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm grateful, I just want to upgrade the tubes is all. I would really rather replace them now and have them as spares. I mean, I have more than enough to buy all the tubes. A full retube for me is only $80. Its just that the 6L6's in my XXX are overkill. I'd rather switch to KT77's (there's a switch that allows you to do that). I heard it makes a world of a difference. The 12AX7 in V1 and the PI just provide to much gain in the high-gain channels. I want to use tubes like 12AT7's so I can have more gain stages in between. I would have a lot more versatility with the Peavey XXX if I replace all of my tubes with JJ's. But don't gte me wrong, I still like my tone, it's just that I don't love it.
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey

Guitar Rig 3
Quote by neon10th
I'm grateful, I just want to upgrade the tubes is all. I would really rather replace them now and have them as spares. I mean, I have more than enough to buy all the tubes. A full retube for me is only $80. Its just that the 6L6's in my XXX are overkill. I'd rather switch to KT77's (there's a switch that allows you to do that). I heard it makes a world of a difference. The 12AX7 in V1 and the PI just provide to much gain in the high-gain channels. I want to use tubes like 12AT7's so I can have more gain stages in between. I would have a lot more versatility with the Peavey XXX if I replace all of my tubes with JJ's. But don't gte me wrong, I still like my tone, it's just that I don't love it.

Why are you not allowed to buy your own tubes? It's your own money? Your own amp?
Quote by Pooinsky
Why are you not allowed to buy your own tubes? It's your own money? Your own amp?

Exactly. That's what I'm wondering. Anyway, the reason why I have more than enough money is because I'm saving up for a new Schecter C-1 Classic. I think I should get that first. It would be a huge step from my Ibanez RG350EX. Tuning is a chore. The Edge-III bridge scuked so much, that I had to block it.

BTW steven seagull I was cracking up when I read TNfootballfan62's post when he said your avatar was a duck. It was that thread when this kid bought a two watt amp by mistake.
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey

Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by neon10th at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by neon10th
Exactly. That's what I'm wondering. Anyway, the reason why I have more than enough money is because I'm saving up for a new Schecter C-1 Classic. I think I should get that first. It would be a huge step from my Ibanez RG350EX. Tuning is a chore. The Edge-III bridge scuked so much, that I had to block it.

BTW steven seagull I was cracking up when I read TNfootballfan62's post when he said your avatar was a duck. It was that thread when this kid bought a two watt amp by mistake.

Oh, it's YOUR money? that's kind of odd then.

I'd still keep the tubes for the time being if it was me, I'm sure the amp sounds pretty good as it is. If you've got a bit of left over money I'd be inclined to say buy something that has a bit more immediate use like a nice EQ pedal.

[EDIT]

*quack*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
How long have you had the triple xxx for? I thought i needed new tubes, but instead of spending that money i learned how to eq it better and its great.(of course i have el34's so maybe you are right about the 6l6's..)
What does it take for you people to understand that it IS a duck?

See a resemblance? It's all a conspiracy.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^LOL

Yoyodunno exactly which XXX do you have and how exactly do you EQ it?
Ibanez RG350EX

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX

Digitech Bad Monkey

Guitar Rig 3