right now i've got a jack'o dkmg that suits me just fine (which i got a great deal on from that auction site). but lately i've been jones'ing for a LP-style guitar. so recently i saw a good deal on Craigslist for an agile al-3000 w/ emg 81/85.
i certainly don't need a second guitar. i sure as heck can't play 2 at the same time. i don't deserve it. but its such a nice sunburst. and playing led zeppelin on a dkmg just doesn't make much sense. i think you can even get a court summons in some states.
i've got a bunch of stuff laying around waiting to be ebay'd which could probably pay for the price of the agile. so that really isn't an issue. but it'll be another "thing" laying around. and you know the saying about "possessions".
what to do... what to do...
maybe if i just stall for a little while longer it will be picked up by someone else.
If you don't want it, don't buy it. You'll get over it in a few days.

Who cares what makes sense and what doesn't? It's got the same EMG's. It just looks different, and probably has a bigger neck.
what's the price of this deal?? cause if it is a good deal then **** yeah buy it.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by the memory
playing led zeppelin with emgs fails.....
no point in buying it

good call, i have a tendency to not read, so i didnt see the zep.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by the memory
playing led zeppelin with emgs fails.....
no point in buying it

i'd probably sell the emgs and get a pair of GFS pickups
Quote by sethp
i'd probably sell the emgs and get a pair of GFS pickups

there is a little bit more to just swapping the pickups out with EMGs....

you need to replace the pots and such
and i'm you might even need to replace the input in some cases....
Top lel.
I'd go for it. The 85 has a great clean tone if you roll back on the volume knob to about 8, or if you do the 18v mod.

Never hurts to own multiple guitars. Convienant in the long run if you find that you like drop tuning one or the other.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The EMG's arent going to get you any closer to Led Zeppelin than your DKMG could..
If you're wanting a LP for that kind of sound, dont get it with EMG's in it.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)