http://downinahole.muxtape.com/

Not the best I could do, but I tried to incorporate a fair amount of classic rock in there. Here's just a brief overview of the songs and my opinion of each.

1.Ben Folds Five- Battle of Who Could Care Less
Being a North Carolinian, I just have an immeasurable amount of homosexual feelings for Ben Folds. This is one of his more energetic songs and I think it's a decent way to open my playlist.

2.Elton John- My Father's Gun
Brilliant lyrics by Mr. Taupin accompanied by the emotion and feeling Elton injects into this song is just beyond music. I can't think of any other musician that makes me feel the way Elton John does. He just stands on his own.

3.The Allman Brothers Band- Blue Sky
It's the Allmans, they're amazing, you will listen, and you will enjoy.

4.The Kinks- This Time Tomorrow
I have limited knowledge on the Kinks. I'm still new to them. All I know is that the instrumentation on this track is great. I really need to get around to purchasing this album.

5.Neil Young- Revolution Blues
I can write a 5 page tirade on the musical entity that is Neil. I'll just say that I love this song...alot.

6.Modest Mouse- Broke
Here's a curveball, but a good one at that. One of the most depressingly beautiful songs that I know of.

7.Nick Drake- Things Behind the Sun
No one has as much class as Nick Drake. Listen, and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

8.Rolling Stones- Salt of the Earth
My favorite song of theirs will always be Miss You, but I know everyone has heard it, so here's a less popular song of theirs. Beggar's Banquet ftgdmfw!

9.Dinosaur Jr.- Start Choppin'
The guitar part owns in this song. I figured any fan of music can enjoy it.

10.Tom Waits- Closing Time
A great way to "close" my mix here. By far one of the most pathetic, depressing songs I know of, but Tom Waits always makes it something amazing. You may have to whip out the old box of Kleenex for this one.

------------------------

Previous Weeks:
BrainDamage 2008-06-25

Up Next:
metalfan#3 2008-07-09
gtrplyr54 2008-07-16
psychodelia 2008-07-23
master 2008-07-30
Andrewbiles 2008-08-06
DayTripper1967 2008-08-13
LOL
*Stuck*

Looking forward to hearing some of the stuff on this list. I'll listen tomorrow though, today is all Black Crowes in preparation for the show tonight
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
on the Modest Mouse choice.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Alright, got around to listening to this playlist this morning. Here's what I think:

I really liked the Ben Folds Five song and the Elton John one. I'm not a real big Elton fan (it's not that I don't like him, I just haven't heard that much), but this song convinced me that I need more. Blue Sky goes without saying. Nice selections from the Kinks and Neil Young too (good to see some love for On the Beach on here). I wasn't really impressed with the Modest Mouse song, but I liked the Nick Drake one. He's been an artist I've heard of but heard nothing by. Salt of the Earth is great, and I really liked the Dinosaur Jr. song. As for the Tom Waits song, my cousin and uncle are big Tom Waits fans, and I've heard some scattered songs by him whenever I see them, but I haven't heard this one. I liked it a lot. I'm gonna have to borrow some of my cousin's CDs.

Good job overall
Quote by Thefallofman
i enjoy all these artists, so i obviously think you picked great stuff. i think there are much better modest mouse songs then the one you picked, but that's just my opinion.

good job.
Yeah, I know there are better MM songs, but that was just one I really enjoy. I was about to put Never Ending Math Equation or Alone Down There, but I chose Broke.

Oh, and Matt, for Elton John, his self-titled and Tumbleweed Connection are excellent places to start, though I myself am quite fond of anything the man does.
LOL
Last edited by DownInAHole. at Jul 3, 2008,
^^Thanks, I'll look into them. I have Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, which is a great album.
Quote by Thefallofman
i just want to clarify, it's not that the MM song you picked was bad (it's not by any means), i just think a more rockish type song would have been better since this is the CR board after all. something like breakthrough or exit does not exist.

i'm not really sure if i was clear or not.

edit: wow, i forgot how much i loved salt of the earth.
Last edited by DayTripper1967 at Jul 3, 2008,
The Neil Young track has been one of my favorites for a year or so, and of course the Dinosaur Jr is great. I think a lot of CR fans would appreciate Dinosaur Jr if they gave them a listen.

I heard a Ben Folds track about 6 years ago and I really liked it, but never looked further... this one was good as well, so I think I'll start looking into them now.

And the Nick Drake was a nice surprise, I've never heard anything by this guy, but that was pretty good. I like the use in this mix of non-CR artists that could still appeal to the CR fanbase.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^ if you want to check out more drake, consider picking up pink moon. it's my favorite record of his and it's basically just him and his guitar (unlike his other two albums). things behind the sun is also on pink moon too.