I went to my local music store today because I wanted advice on the next guitar I should buy. I told the guy there that I wanted an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. He said that the difference between the Standard, Studio, and Custom are only in the asthetics. Besides the looks they are the same.

But then he told me about Luna, which he said is owned by Dean. He said that Luna makes Les Paul style guitars but they are cheaper and as good, maybe better than Epiphones. He then showed me a Luna Apollo (solid body, humbuckers) and a Luna Gazelle (hollow body, mini-humbuckers). I got to play both of them, and they both felt good. I didn't have to much time though, so I didn't spend as much time playing them as I wanted.

Plus the price was around $500. not bad.

Anyway, does anyone know more about Luna guitars? I had never heard of them so I'm curious.
Thanks
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
i played one and it felt kinda cheap and the hardware looked cheap aswell but ive only played one and it isnt the one u are talkin about.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
anyone else have any inputs?
AROUND THE WORLD

well I'm pretty sure the guitars I looked at were comporable to intermediate grade epiphone guitars so I'm not to worried about that. Hopefully I can go back and spend more time with those guitars to get a better feel for them. However I wish I could just rent the guitar and try it out with my gear at home.
AROUND THE WORLD

well doesn't seem that i'm getting much info here (thanks to those who did reply), does anyone know anywhere else I could get good info on Luna guitars? links?
AROUND THE WORLD

You could try their website, they have a forum.

I'm played around with them, they are pretty nice, haven't tried the model you are looking into though. Not really sure what you are looking for, all the specs are up on their site, you've tried it out, basically you could check on the return policy at the store, some places do give you a good amount of leeway as long as you don't damage it to let you try it for a couple days.
how would you all compare lunas to epiphones? price wise and quality wise... how expensive is the epiphone les paul studio for example?
AROUND THE WORLD