So here we go i was going to my friend house when my mom just turned extremly fast and my amp took a hit on the floor, now when i play i got a low and hight sound its just change like this randomly my bro told be i It's most likely due to broken solder joints or dirty contacts in the controls but i dont know wtf are those ****s.

Explanation? how do i fix it.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
wont ur brother help u?

srry i cant help lol

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by deafening
wont ur brother help u?

srry i cant help lol

he just leaved to work. If i can fix this by myself ill do it.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
he just leaved to work. If i can fix this by myself ill do it.

If you know what could be wrong and have no clue how to fix it, to be honest something like that is the first warning sign that you shouldnt do it yourself.. Just wait for him to get back.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
If you know what could be wrong and have no clue how to fix it, to be honest something like that is the first warning sign that you shouldnt do it yourself.. Just wait for him to get back.

Well that what ill probably do but can explain me whats the problem and how he will do to fix it, Ill just love to know for experience so the next time it broke i could fix it myself :P

FACEBOOK
If you open up the amp you can check the wiring for loose connections and what not, but then that voids the warranty. If you're lucky it'll be the wires going straight to the speaker, the knobs, or the input. If you have an open back amp just check the wires going into the speaker and wiggle them around gently while it's on and listen for crackling. Same deal goes with the knobs, turn each of them individually and listen for pops and cracks in the sound. For the input, just plug in the guitar while its on and move it around gently and listen as stated above. If none of those are the problem then I'd bring it into a shop unless you have someone familiar with wiring to help you.
Quote by Hcmanu
Well that what ill probably do but can explain me whats the problem and how he will do to fix it, Ill just love to know for experience so the next time it broke i could fix it myself :P

1. Get tools need to pull amp apart and test (screw drivers, pliers, picks, multimeter can be used to help test connection, flash light, soldering iron and so on)
2. Take the amp apart and pull the board out were you can look at it from both sides. While doing this also keep an eye out for loose wires and so forth.
3. Discharge capicators so you dont kill yourself
4. Look over the circuit board and see if anything catchs your eye as loose.
5. Get out the flash light and over it again.
6. Repeat step five but this time giving each component a wiggle to make sure its secure
7. Still cant find it break out the multimeter and start testing each compnent
8. If you find the component resolder it
9. Put amp back together and your done

Dirty contact, do options 1-3 but this time purchase contact cleaner and clean the pots you might suspect are the issue. If that doesnt work replace.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 2, 2008,
Isnt usually tubes that cause a fluctuation in volume, I dont know if your amps are tube or not though.
Quote by jake911
Isnt usually tubes that cause a fluctuation in volume, I dont know if your amps are tube or not though.

Nah analog ss.

IbanezPsycho : Thanks dude ill try to fix my old peavey :P

FACEBOOK
Quote by IbanezPsycho
and good luck try not to break it worse or kill yourself

U know what im just gonna change it for a yc40blue.

Time to turn tube after 2 year.

FACEBOOK