Hey, this is the second track from my album that I've just wrote, its the title track and it's called Blind Leading The Blind. If this is the first of my tracks you've clicked on, the rest are in my sig, so check them out too. It's also highly reccommended that you listen to track 3 called Shadows, as this song leads into it, thats why the ending sounds abrupt, it leads into shadows.
Attachments:
Track 2 - Blind Leading The Blind.zip
Well I didn't really "review" it or whatever, but I did just kinda let it play through, and the first thing I noticed...is that it was extremely repetitive, and that fact made it a little boring to be honest. However, that being said, if you have vocals for it, then maybe that won't matter, depending on what the vocals are like.

My friend does that...he makes really boring guitar/bass parts...but then puts his vocals in, and it actually sounds really good.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Last edited by vonfeldt7 at Jul 2, 2008,
Yeah the vocals play a big part in it.

I didnt think it was boring

but then again, I wrote it
I liked the song actually. It was a bit repetitive like von said. But one thing i could say that may sound a little better is if Guitar 1 played the same thing as Guitar 2 during the first solo i did that real quick and it made the solo stand out a lot more since there were no other high notes coming in. But throw in some vocals and it could sound pretty good.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Track 2 sounds like something that would get radio play. its not even that repetitive either. and if it is, there nothing wrong with repetitiveness...look at the Velvet Underground. Im sick of people just saying oh thats repetitive...

This song is epic. I like how it darkens up at the end. Im not a fan of track 3 though. mainly cuz of the bass.
Well here it goes

Intro- Was awesome, the synths put you in the mood, had a touch of epic in it, once the guitars came in and the drums, it got even more epic. nothing wrong with the intro.

Songs Starts- Well in contrast to the intro, witch gave me the impression of a evil-ish sounding song, just blows up and is really happy i suppose, it got repetitive but that being said the vocals will give it what it needs. The only thing i didn't like was the double-bass drumming in the verse, and chorus. maybe change up the drums a little bit, a bit more variety.

Chorus- Well i like the use of octaves, don't see that so much anymore. The drumming again i wasn't too much of a fan(I'm picky when it comes to drums). Another thing is bars 62, 88, 104, of the chorus instead of having them as C# octaves you should change them to D octaves gives it a little variety.

Outro- the outro fit the song perfectly it slowed down and got that epic/evil feeling going again.

overall it was almost perfect just a few minor changes and tweaks.

I liked the song actually. It was a bit repetitive like von said. But one thing i could say that may sound a little better is if Guitar 1 played the same thing as Guitar 2 during the first solo i did that real quick and it made the solo stand out a lot more since there were no other high notes coming in. But throw in some vocals and it could sound pretty good.
I agree with this too