I posted this a few months back, but nobody really responded to it so here goes.

I'm looking at the Ceriatone JTM 45 and considering buying it in the near future. If I bought it, I would buy it in the head form. The only problem would be that I don't have a cabinet. But I do have a Fender 2 Channel Twin. So theoretically, I could put the JTM45 through the Twin as long as the ohms match up right? Would it sound bad? Also has anybody had any experience with the Ceriatone plexis (JTM45 is a plexi isnt it? I always thought it was..)? How are they? Aren't they exact clones of the Marshalls?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

anybody...?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I haven't played the ceriation but the JTm45 is pretty much the perfect blues/clean amp when cranked. Very respomsive to picking dynamics and your volume nob. But no the JTM45 isn't what you would know as a plexi. Plexi's use el34s and no tube rectifier, they are much more common in Classic Rock (Led Zepp, ACDC, ZZ top).

You'll want to be a bit carefull with what speakers are in your twin, i once tried the same thing with my twin and my Orange AD30 and it sounded awful. It can be done though..
Quote by nirvallica
I haven't played the ceriation but the JTm45 is pretty much the perfect blues/clean amp when cranked. Very respomsive to picking dynamics and your volume nob. But no the JTM45 isn't what you would know as a plexi. Plexi's use el34s and no tube rectifier, they are much more common in Classic Rock (Led Zepp, ACDC, ZZ top).

You'll want to be a bit carefull with what speakers are in your twin, i once tried the same thing with my twin and my Orange AD30 and it sounded awful. It can be done though..

Clean amp when cranked? what? Theres nothing clean about my JTM45 when i'm cranking it. Using your volume knob doesnt make it that clean either.

However, the cleans when its not cranked are glorious.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Thats strange, that's how i like my cleans on that amp (well all "old" marshalls). And the JTM45 i've played on is the Metro amp bluebreaker. ANd if yours doesnt clean up with your guitar volume you've had a problem assembling it i'd say. Mind you i can see how its a different clean so its probably just a matter of personal opinion. Nethertheless nice amp
Quote by nirvallica
Thats strange, that's how i like my cleans on that amp (well all "old" marshalls). And the JTM45 i've played on is the Metro amp bluebreaker. ANd if yours doesnt clean up with your guitar volume you've had a problem assembling it i'd say. Mind you i can see how its a different clean so its probably just a matter of personal opinion. Nethertheless nice amp

Your probably right, i mean, i get more of a smooth sound when backing off on the volume, clean with some hair, but maybe i'm just used to the wam clean sound i get at low volumes. Besides, its my first real Marshall (styled) amp, i'm just naive.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by guitaruboy
isn't a jtm45 basically the same as a twin soundwise?

Not even close.

the Jtm is based off a Bassman, but still isnt that similiar when you take into acount their differences (4x10 vs. 2x12, tube vs ss rectifier), far different from a Twin though, far different.