take a look at the pic. it's the back of an 1997 Epiphone G-400 headstock... the seller says that's an F at the beggining of the serial number, but it seems like it has been erased somehow. what do you think??

Just a thought: I dont really see the point in making a copy of a cheap guitar when you could just as easily make a fake gibson and get a lot more money out of it.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
the F isnt level with the numbers
but it looks like the first cross in the F may have been there
cuz theres a little nub(lol)
who's the seller
It's hard to kill a monster with a knife
But judging from the blood on my hands,
He won't be back for a while
looks like it could of been a T instead of an F
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
looks more like a P to me.........missing part of the letter
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by thefrigginbob
Just a thought: I dont really see the point in making a copy of a cheap guitar when you could just as easily make a fake gibson and get a lot more money out of it.

+1. There is no money to be made faking Epiphones, Squiers, etc.
I dont think fake guitars were such a huge concern in 97. As in there werent huge numbers of people making the fakes like now. Cant see any money being made on a 11 year old epi as a fake.
If you look closely it had a tip bit on the left hand side as well, which means it has to be either a t or an r.
Look it up on guitardaterproject.com, try all the possible combines you think it could be then see which one is closest to the real guitar.
I love white guitars!
i think chinese copies started in 2005ish so thats prob a flaw or ink chip or whatever