Hey guys,

I am making the change from metal, to jazz (I was converted)

Now that I am, I wanna learn some jazzy songs that are tabbed out.

Any suggestions would be GREAT.

Thanks!
even if you don't sit down and learn jazz theory by the book, it is essential that you have a working understanding of music theory in general, and have a decent grasp on altered chord voicings, and playing over dominant chordal movements. Also you should try and be aware of things like stacking chords on top of one another, tri-tonal substitution. And it's always good to explore modal playing. Yeah I know it all sounds like a lot of stuff, but they are all inter-related, figuring one thing leads to figuring something else out, and as long as you don't restrict yourself in terms of ideas and sounds, you'll find yourself deep-sea diving along just fine, in the oceanic depths of jazz.

As far as listening goes, start with Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Kenny Burrell (of the Oscar Peterson Trio). That should get you going.
Thank you sooo much for your input.

I am taking jazz lessons right now, and I am in the process of learning theory.
Yeah, don't count on finding jazz tabs. Get a real book and learn to read notation, its really the only way you can do it.
Quote by Slash 602
Yeah, don't count on finding jazz tabs. Get a real book and learn to read notation, its really the only way you can do it.

There are heaps of books that have tabs, wes montgomery, joe pass even charlie parker, but i do agree you should learn to sight read if ur gonna play jazz, and buy a hollowbody!

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Quote by ze monsta
Learn theory - then you can play Jazz.

Check out Wes Montgomery and Django Reinhardt.

Please read this

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884452

what this guy said...and while your checking out Wes Montgomery, you might wanna check out George Benson too
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
and if you want try some fusion artists out...i usually play along to Herbie Hancock albums or Miles Davis albums, even though there isnt a guitarist playing
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
and if you want try some fusion artists out...i usually play along to Herbie Hancock albums or Miles Davis albums, even though there isnt a guitarist playing

John McLaughlin plays on Miles's Bitches Brew, which is very fusion-ey.
Quote by Slash 602
John McLaughlin plays on Miles's Bitches Brew, which is very fusion-ey.

o yea i know, but i was talkin about some of the songs on "On the Corner". John only plays guitar on the first track. Those tunes are fun to jam to.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Wes montgomery is good, check out: four on six, west coast blues, impressions(good fast one wit octaves), benson does an amazing version of take five, and his i remember wes is good. some good chord melodies are moonlight in vermont, misty. so check those out