Ok, so this has happened a few times, but one of my pickups (the same one) goes in and out. It will just stop working until i drive with it around in my car then it fixes itself, i believe from the vibration.

So, when its broken it will have no volume on clean and really low volume with no gain, when im playing on a really high gain channel.

My first thoughts where, a solder is loose and bouncing around in the car kinda reconnects it when i drive with it. So, i took it to the only guitar repair shop within 100 miles of me and they are pretty good with repairs, but they also have a history of screwing me in the past... 2 different guys have opened my guitar up and told me that my pickup is dead.

This is a less than a year old Schecter C-1+ with Duncan Designed pickups.

so, im wondering if you guys have anyways to check for myself if this really is the pickup before i go drop 200$ on some EMG's?

also, your probably asking yourself if its under warrenty, and the answer is yes, but, i bought this guitar at a lefty shop over 300 miles away and the shipping alone would be almost 100$ probably, and i was planning on replacing the pickups eventuallys, so it just seems like i should replace them.

Any help would be greatly appretiated.
just replace them duncan design means they pretty much suck
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
but what im asking is, how do i make sure that its my pickup which is the problem.
look at all the solder points, give the wire a tug, if it doesnt move its the pickup itself.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

sup joe.

my first guitar did that. it was a problem with the input jack. try making sure the nut is tight on the body of the guitar. if that doesn't work then the solder is loose on the jack.

but yes drop the $200 for emgs. 81-89 set is sick. i love mine (and it's in a c-1fr so it should sound pretty similar.)
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile