I have a playmate (walmart brand) bass guitar and i was just wondering which would put out a better sound?

A.) a Line 6 spider 30 watt amp... which is specified for guitars not basses...
Or
B.) a 10 watt Kustom KBA10 10-Watt Bass Amp that is made for BASSES??

me and my brother are arguing about this and we need some opinions to find out whos right and wrong...
They'd both be pretty bad, but if you turned the Line 6 up too far you'd risk blowing out the speaker. So, B.
Well if you plugged it into the Spider, it would blow it up, so the only choice is the Kustom. But I doubt either one is going to be good, not to mention 10W for a bass amp isn't loud AT ALL.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ive plugged a bass into my 15 WATT spider III

and its perfectly fine?

last 3 posters= epic fail.
Quote by thec0dy

and its perfectly fine?

If you turn down the bass and go with all treble at a low volume, it'll work perfectly
fine. Of course, that kind of takes the point out of playing bass, yes?

The guy wants to know if he should buy a guitar amp or bass amp for his bass. Logic says get the bass amp. Even if the Spider has more watts they'll be useless because the speaker won't be able to handle the higher volume with all the bass.

So, you fail, if that's the way we're talking now.
Quote by thec0dy

and its perfectly fine?

its a known fact that frequences emmited from a bass can blow up an amp made for guitar. It was fine for you since you probably played it at a low volume but if you crank it (band practice or gig) the amp wont be able to handle it.
Quote by thec0dy

and its perfectly fine?

Try it again, but turn your bass and volume all the way up.

Then we'll see who fails.
Last 3 posters = win
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
i live in an apratment, a small apartment for that... so im not playing at gig or band practice volumes (so theoretically, it wouldnt ruin the spider since im playing at low volumes...) so i just need to know which one would sound better with my playmate? A or B? My brother thinks that the spider would put out a better sound becuase its higher wattage thus making it higher qaulity for basses as well as guitars... i dont know where he pulled that from but he thinks it... and the bass amp, being a 10 watt amp, would be sucky because its lower wattage than the spider... Thats probably what i should of asked in the first place...
Last edited by pecanpie092 at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by pecanpie092
...higher wattage thus making it higher qaulity...

Go for the bass amp, you won't destroy it with the frequencies and will, more than likely, sound better.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by pecanpie092
i live in an apratment, a small apartment for that... so im not playing at gig or band practice volumes (so theoretically, it wouldnt ruin the spider since im playing at low volumes...) so i just need to know which one would sound better with my playmate? A or B? My brother thinks that the spider would put out a better sound becuase its higher wattage thus making it higher qaulity... i dont know where he pulled that from but he thinks it... and the bass amp, being a 10 watt amp, would be sucky because its lower wattage than the spider... Thats probably what i should of asked in the first place...

He is wrong.

Wattage =/= quality.

Spider =/= quality.

Best amp for a bass, ANY bass = bass amp.

Get the Kustom. The Spider will be a waste of time in this situation.
Quote by pecanpie092
i live in an apratment, a small apartment for that... so im not playing at gig or band practice volumes (so theoretically, it wouldnt ruin the spider since im playing at low volumes...) so i just need to know which one would sound better with my playmate? A or B? My brother thinks that the spider would put out a better sound becuase its higher wattage thus making it higher qaulity... i dont know where he pulled that from but he thinks it... and the bass amp, being a 10 watt amp, would be sucky because its lower wattage than the spider... Thats probably what i should of asked in the first place...

Those little Kustom amps are great practice amps, your brother's talking out of his arse. Buy the Kustom, it's the best you'll get for the price they go for.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Thanks a lot, i wish i had put money down on this lol... thanks for all the help though =D