I noticed the other day when I was playing my electric guitar unplugged that the strings were making a weird vibration noise. It sounded like something was rattling or something to that effect and I can't pinpoint where it is at. I have had the guitar for about 2 weeks. Anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to stop it?
find out how old the strings are. old strings will start buzzing the more worn out they get. if new strings dont help, try raising/lowering the action. if that doesnt help, get the guitar setup, or do it yourself if you know how.
Gear

Gibson Shred-X Explorer
Epiphone Negative Explorer w/ EMG 80/60
ESP LTD EC QM200
Ibanez RG321 w/ EMG 81/60

Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Slant cab

http://www.delusionsof.com
it's kind of hard, but i know that if you raise the nut a little bit, the rattling will stop
It's hard to kill a monster with a knife
But judging from the blood on my hands,
He won't be back for a while
or, might just require a neck adjustment. definitely get a pro to do that, you dont want to screw up your neck.
Gear

Gibson Shred-X Explorer
Epiphone Negative Explorer w/ EMG 80/60
ESP LTD EC QM200
Ibanez RG321 w/ EMG 81/60

Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Slant cab

http://www.delusionsof.com
Sometimes, through heavy picking, the e/b/g strings, cant lift out of the nut or misposistion the themselves sligthly, just push down hard on them until they recenter at the nut, that generally little wrattles
Quote by happytreemax
it's kind of hard, but i know that if you raise the nut a little bit, the rattling will stop

raise your nut? never heard of that. im assuming you mean the bridge. But yeah you can raise your bridge and raise your action a bit. But if its not being picked up through the amp i wouldn't worry about it.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
raise your nut? never heard of that. im assuming you mean the bridge. But yeah you can raise your bridge and raise your action a bit. But if its not being picked up through the amp i wouldn't worry about it.

Yea, I raised the bridge a little and it isnt doing it anymore. Thanks for your help guys.