Poll: Should I Get The MG50 or Something Else?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I Get The MG50 or Something Else?
Stick With The Marshall MG50DFX
7 28%
NO WAY, buy something else!
18 72%
Voters: 25.
Ok, so I started a thread on which guitar I should buy between three guitars, and everyone said "new amp, new amp, new amp!!!" or "don't use that amp, it sucks", so I decided I'd start a thread for suggestions on a new amp. I like Marshall, and I want an Amp with built in Overdrive and/or Distortion. It needs to be above 30w and less than 305 US Dollars. Note that it doesn't HAVE to be Marshall, that is just the kind of amp I would like to buy. Also, I'm looking for about a 50w, but if there is a higher wattage in the price range, then that would be great. The amp i was gonna get was the Marshall MG50DFX Combo Amp.

Thanks Ahead of Time for Your Input.
Quote by Blktiger0
Ok, so I started a thread on which guitar I should buy between three guitars, and everyone said "new amp, new amp, new amp!!!" or "don't use that amp, it sucks", so I decided I'd start a thread for suggestions on a new amp. I like Marshall, and I want an Amp with built in Overdrive and/or Distortion. It needs to be above 30w and less than 305 US Dollars. Note that it doesn't HAVE to be Marshall, that is just the kind of amp I would like to buy. Also, I'm looking for about a 50w, but if there is a higher wattage in the price range, then that would be great. The amp i was gonna get was the Marshall MG50DFX Combo Amp.

Thanks Ahead of Time for Your Input.

Traynor YCV50?

EDIT: Didn't see the bit about your budget, sorry. I don't know what to suggest since i don't the prices in the US.
Last edited by doubtfull at Jul 2, 2008,
Bad idea, try a valvetronix or a roland cube. Maybe even look into getting a peavey ultra. W/e the case, what's your style of music?
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
*sigh*

You're not getting the classic Marshall-y sound from a Marshall under $300. You're really not going to get anywhere near it without a tube amp, actually. I'd take a look at either a Fender Super Champ (all tube, I'm sure it's got a Marshally model somewhere in there) or a Vox Valvetronix.

If you REALLY want to sound like Slash, Angus Young, Jimmy Page, etc... save up for either a JCM800 combo or a Traynor YCV50BLUE
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Jul 2, 2008,
VOX VALVETRONIX AD30VT

30 watts
11 amp models (good distortion)
11 effects (very badass)

i got mine for $200
i really suggest you get that
it's amazing
It's hard to kill a monster with a knife
But judging from the blood on my hands,
He won't be back for a while
ill sell u my marshall mg100 stack for that
120 watts

really good amp
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by death_metaller
120 watts

really good amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=482615V

Found this on musiciansfriend.com, it nails the typical marshall sound way better than the MG - not to say that it nails a lot of other sounds excellently as well. The effects are very nice as well. I don't know what they mean when talking about 'refurbished'. If you don't trust this, the 30 watt version of the amp can be found on that site for 250$.

EDIT: Hehe, looks like this thread became a Vox-fanboy meeting.
Quote by death_metaller
120 watts

really good amp

Actually, it's 100 watts. And sucks.
what u on about? its amazing

ever since i got my 6505 all i do is play my marshall
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
look at a palomino V32 its a tube amp so it will definitly be louder than the MG50 its probably $400 still but you could probly find one cheaper if you look around and try to bargain.
Thanks A lot guys. Once again UG's Community pulls throught for me when I am in need of advice. i think i'm gonna go with a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT or AD50VT, depending on how much my next check is. Both are pretty much exactly what i am looking for, but I read in one of the reviews at Guitar Center that they have "a defect in the wiring from the solid-state circuit to the transformer and the wire is such a small gage that it burns up under heavy loads." Is this true?????

That is an EXACT quote from the review. Don't have any Idea what it means, but it can't be good.

Also, the AD50VT has a refurbished option for 300 USD instead of 379 USD. Should I get the refurbished one or not??
Last edited by Blktiger0 at Jul 2, 2008,