Page 1 of 2
Anyone from the UK going to the opening of the any of the new Reverb stores? which was formally Soundcontrol.

I just happen to be in Birmingham on Saturday when they open so i might check it out, anyone know if stock or anything will be different? or if its just a re-branding?
I think I'm going to go to the opening of the Glasgow one with my friend. I have no idea why, and no idea if it'll be any different.

EDIT: I asked my friend and apparently I'm going to the opening because there'll be food.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
i thought the whole company went into adiministration. so there's going to be Reverb stores where there were Soundcontrol stores?
the prices better be lower, soundcontrol was such a rip off
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Does anybody know if this chain is still going to be owned by virgin, or if its another big company or not?
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
I think I'm going to go to the opening of the Glasgow one with my friend. I have no idea why, and no idea if it'll be any different.

EDIT: I asked my friend and apparently I'm going to the opening because there'll be food.

Free food, or will they just point you at the McD's up the road?
Quote by MightyAl
Free food, or will they just point you at the McD's up the road?

After having experience with some of the people who work there, I wouldn't be surprised.
Hahaha, i'll deffinitly go if theres free food, i've also heard theres a big clearance sale too with up to like 20% off alot of stuff? But i could have just made that up.
Quote by joeymaxx
No Manchester store?

There should be, I used to live about 5 minutes away from the soundcontrol in Manc, it's just off Oxford Rd, after Grand Central.
not according to the website, not one in stoke any more either so i have to go to Birmingham =\
Quote by gen0doom
There should be, I used to live about 5 minutes away from the soundcontrol in Manc, it's just off Oxford Rd, after Grand Central.

It doesn't mention it on the website, which is a pain.
I don't even know of any music stores near me now.
does anyone know if they will be open sundays?

I certainly wont be missing THE OPENING OF REVERB

i'D BE MISSING FOOD, DRINK, LIVE BANDS, GAMES AND LOTS LOTS MORE

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT PLAYING GAMES IN SHOP SELLING INTRUMENTS AND I CANT WAIT TO TUCK INTO THE HOTDOGS
I'm going to get me a huge load of free food to make up for the prices they've charged me in the past.

This is where i get my money back!
just bought a hellraiser 7 from sound control the week before they shut down now i dont like it! anyone wanna buy one?

sound control used to be really really good in the 90s. nice knowlegable staff. Check out the mogwai website for what they had to say about them.
Quote by tuwyci
just bought a hellraiser 7 from sound control the week before they shut down now i dont like it! anyone wanna buy one?

sound control used to be really really good in the 90s. nice knowlegable staff. Check out the mogwai website for what they had to say about them.

SHUT UP, STOP WHINING AND GET TO !!REVERB!!

DONT MISS THE ****ING LAUNCH PARTY
I still didn't think they were bad, i just felt some products were quite overpriced.
Quote by muddywaters51
SHUT UP, STOP WHINING AND GET TO !!REVERB!!

DONT MISS THE ****ING LAUNCH PARTY

they should have called it delay for the time it will take to get good gear

i cant im gigging the other side of teh country
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
After having experience with some of the people who work there, I wouldn't be surprised.

The guys in the Glasgow Sound Control are a bunch of tossers.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by Magic_Joel
Anyone from the UK going to the opening of the any of the new Reverb stores? which was formally Soundcontrol.

I just happen to be in Birmingham on Saturday when they open so i might check it out, anyone know if stock or anything will be different? or if its just a re-branding?

Whereabouts? I just so happen to live there.

I wondered why they were all shutting down.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Whereabouts? I just so happen to live there.

I wondered why they were all shutting down.

Same place as Soundcontrol was i assume, near Snow Hill station.
Quote by cagnius

Mogwai concur!

Music store personnel and their attitude towards customers.
"These microphones are for 'high-end applications;'"
"I'm sorry I can't fix your stuff, there's a professional musician bringing in stuff I have to fix first"
"This delay pedal, I've not fixed it properly so I've not charged you but as long as you're careful, it should be fine"
"What is it?" (When presented with a MOTU 828 soundcard for repair.....one of the most popular soundcards in the world)
"I'm only going to sell this bass to someone who would really play it"

Just some of the comments made to members of Mogwai and their producer Tony Doogan in music stores in Glasgow in the last year or three.
What kind of service do they think they're providing for us musicians?
I mean, a few months ago we had to pay off and cancel our (substantial) account with a Glasgow/National music store for the unbelievably rude treatment shown towards me (Barry) when I had to go and pick up some pretty expensive and essential equipment we needed for the ATP festival.
Needless to say I went into a kind of rage I've only ever suffered twice in my life and began chasing the **** around the shop, shouting, swearing and spitting hateful words at his face to alleviate my anger. Apparently my eyes were bulging from their sockets and I was pacing around like a caged tiger.
Aristotle said,
"Anyone can become angry-that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way-this is not easy"
He's right of course, but it was hard not to be furious with the arsepiece in the shop with his superiority complex and delusions of adequacy, treating me, the paying customer, with abject contempt.
Why would any customer stick around if that's the kind of experience he expects when parting with his hard earned cash?
What irks me more is the fact that I'm a 29 year old professional musician with some sort of confidence in my job, but transfer that same scenario to a 13 year old kid, and he'll be crippled with self doubt and feel like he can never go back to that (or any?) music store because of the total lack of encouragement he is to feel because of some minimum wage prick's unhelpful, foolish comments.
I'm not here to fix the situation. That is the store manager's remit, but I do wish that this supersciliousness which exists in the music store assistant's head would vanish like Bin Laden immediately. We don't need that, it's not helpful. If you don't like the job, get a new one, dickhead.
EDIT: ^
Quote by cagnius

+1

I'll probably go down on Saturday and see what it's like.
Quote by Magic_Joel
Same place as Soundcontrol was i assume, near Snow Hill station.

Cracking. The alarms been going off for weeks there now. Five minute walk though!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
hahaha, i can't say i've had much experience dealing with the staff in the Birmingham one, with only going in when i happen to be in the area, but i hope that the staff in 'Reverb' are much better than whats stated in that post!
Think I might check the one in Glasgow then. I've been meaning to go to town, try out some gear so should be fun.
We should all wear t-shirts with 'UG' written on it, wouldn't that be fun?
Quote by buckethead_jr
EDIT: ^

+1

I'll probably go down on Saturday and see what it's like.

+1
if i can be bothered moving from my house

theres one or two ok guys in it..
the rest of them are sacks

edit: to poster above me, UG T-SHIRTS! I WANT ONE!
Top lel.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs

I just googled sound control to see if there was anything about this.
Look in the lower right hand side. It's a sausage fest, people. Bums against the wall!
The Sound Control in Edinburgh isn't that bad. I like the staff there, and they give me discounts. I heard that that one is going to be staying as a Sound Control or something weird, though.
Quote by blair30
I call UG MEET GLASGOW!

Lets do it!

Magic_Joel; I need my food
Quote by Tatakai!

Lets do it!

Magic_Joel; I need my food

+1
im a starving and strugling musician
Top lel.
Quote by CrazyDavey
The Sound Control in Edinburgh isn't that bad. I like the staff there, and they give me discounts. I heard that that one is going to be staying as a Sound Control or something weird, though.

really?

they should rename it quality control. that would work on many levels.
I too will be eating as many hotdogs as i can manage then deciding not to buy anything, they'll love that.
they aren't re-opening in leeds
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
I love hotdogs, regardless of what animal parts get put in them.
Magic_Joel; I'm sure they will like it . It just means you can get the know them and then get discounts later ^^

Quote by the memory
+1
im a starving and strugling musician

As am I
I would aslo like to point out that i'm pretty shit, before anyone hears me.
Page 1 of 2