Page 1 of 2
So i'm stuck between a new Line 6 POD X3 and Blackheart Tube amps.
The thing is that I'm interested in the low budget tube amp everyone talking about but at the same time scared of getting it on sale again... I hate selling stuffs! Still not recovered from the last one. The pain from my heart...

If I get the POD I'm surely will stuck with it for a LONG time. I liked it's little brother Pocket POD very much and done a whole lots of research about it. Amp modeling HAS improved over the years so please don't just comment me "Modeling sux! Go Tube"

If I go with the BH I will build up a pedalboard, with L6 I won't. Both are good option and I'm stuck right in between. Maybe you people opinions might help me choose one without regretting over the other.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I would go with the POD X3. I went all digital a few years ago and I won't go back! Line6 also supports the POD much better then I thought they would with frequent firmware updates the are always increasing the quality of the sound.
Also, the POD is a MUCH better starting point to build a sound from. Especially when you start thinking of playing in a live environment. Simply just run it to your mixer and then power amp. You don't have to worry about feedback or phase issues.
I cannot tell you how many times I would have to adjust my sound once we showed up for a gig because of the lighting, placement of equipment etc. With the POD the sound you create at home is the sound you can get in a live environment. To me, it's worth it for that fact alone!
If you've never played a gig live before then you have no idea the headaches you're asking for with a tube amp. They sound absolutely beautiful but they are WAY TOO sensitive to everything going on in the room. You just can never get the same sound out of them twice.
I gave up my tube amp years ago, and I won't ever go back. Don't believe the 'purists' that tell you that you have to use a tube amp to get the same sound. Most of them are older guitarist that are completely locked into their own line of thinking.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
ide choose the Blackheartt personally
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
I forgot to add, make sure if you buy a pod that you buy just a straight power amp to power it. Don't think you're going to plug it into a guitar amp (that adds its own 'color') and get a good tone.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by turbulenced
I'd prefer not to be stuck playing through headphones,
Blackheart ftw

and also. I will get myself a Atomic Amp so it's not headphone all the way XD

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

theraven871 has not given a bit of good advice... Who the hell would want to play through headphones all day long with a line 6 modeling crap bucket? Tube amps always sound good, and real, whereas line 6 gear sounds like a computer. Maybe it's just me, but the Blackheart sounds like a waaaaay better option. Nobody plays live with a piece of **** line 6. In that price range, you could even go for something larger like a Peavey ValveKing, or a Crate V50. My advice is, do some more research, and don't let anyone tell you to buy modeling ****, because in reality, it sucks. Go for a tube amp. Many people here on UG give great amp advice, just use the searchbar. Happy hunting
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Headphones? Are you nuts?
I output my pod via poweramp to my mains.

Our band gets compliments on our tone all night.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by Chance125
theraven871 has not given a bit of good advice... Who the hell would want to play through headphones all day long with a line 6 modeling crap bucket? Tube amps always sound good, and real, whereas line 6 gear sounds like a computer. Maybe it's just me, but the Blackheart sounds like a waaaaay better option. Nobody plays live with a piece of **** line 6. In that price range, you could even go for something larger like a Peavey ValveKing, or a Crate V50. My advice is, do some more research, and don't let anyone tell you to buy modeling ****, because in reality, it sucks. Go for a tube amp. Many people here on UG give great amp advice, just use the searchbar. Happy hunting

Check out Lincoln Brewster... he's got an awesome live tone... and what does he use? Nothing other than a POD X3 straight into the PA.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Chance125

Ignorance, pure and simple. Just because something is tube doesn't automatically make it good. A tube amp can be one dimensional, a Pod is versatile. Twisted Sister uses Pod, and the guitarist of Meshuggah uses a Vetta, admittedly thats different but still modelling. You are jumping on the bandwagon, and you appear ignorant.
What exactly are you going to be playing through them?

Blackheart would be good for stuff on the lighter side, POD for anything else.

Actually, I'd choose the POD over the Blackheart anyway... but I already have an amp
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
What exactly are you going to be playing through them?

Blackheart would be good for stuff on the lighter side, POD for anything else.

Actually, I'd choose the POD over the Blackheart anyway... but I already have an amp

Exactly, they're so versatile, and sound so good its really worth a good look into them.

I suggest the Pod. Plus, portable!
As I already noted... I know the differences between tube and modeling. Either is for everyone, you might hate one and love another or all the way around.
I like both equally but not having enough budget and spaces in my apartment for both at the same time.

I play everything from soft blues to the metallest of all the metal.
The POD is without doub wins over versatility but if I get myself a good pedalboard the BH won't loose any in that front either. That's the problem...

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
As I already noted... I know the differences between tube and modeling. Either is for everyone, you might hate one and love another or all the way around.
I like both equally but not having enough budget and spaces in my apartment for both at the same time.

I play everything from soft blues to the metallest of all the metal.
The POD is without doub wins over versatility but if I get myself a good pedalboard the BH won't loose any in that front either. That's the problem...

Well the thing is, the BH isn't voiced quite right for the heavier stuff, so you're not going to get the same kind of tones you would with the POD. If you have enough cash to get a good pedalboard going, I'd say get a better amp instead.

For what you want, I'd still probably go for the POD. You can do more with it and it'd be much more useful and easy for recording things.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
pod x3 all day
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Which would be better? A micro cube with eq pedal or a epiphone valve junior with a metal muff for great distortion?
Quote by Chance125

I've highlighted every completely idiotic statement you made in that post in a different pretty colour. Please never post again. You chose a bad night to be a tool.

Quote by blind.quardian
Which would be better? A micro cube with eq pedal or a epiphone valve junior with a metal muff for great distortion?

YOU HAVE MADE MORE THREADS THAN THE REST OF UG PUT TOGETHER, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY PLEASE STICK TO THE THOUSANDS OF THREADS YOU'VE CREATED YOURSELF AND DON'T BRING YOUR INDECISIVE BULLSHIT INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S THREADS.

You're welcome.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i think the POD would be the answer, if you bought a nice tube poweramp to go with it (when u have the money) you will still get the warmth and breakup of the tubes but with endless sound possibilities, with the blackheart youre much more confined, buying tube amps with only 2 or 3 channels is only for the rich and those who have found their sound and dont want to change it
dont listen to people who obviously are completely biased against a whole company cos theyve jumped on the bandwagon, every company has made something worthwhile, lol x
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck norris

A lot
@timi_hendrix: hahaha... mind you. He's BLIND.quardian

Looks like i'm leaning toward the POD a whole lots more now

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

wow timi youre absolutely right but damn i really cant get a satisfying answer..:/ questions keep popping up my mind... i havent asked a question about cube vs epi vj with metal muff...
I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon at all. I honestly feel that line 6 modeling equipment (which I have tried) sounds nowhere even close to the Blackheart, or any other tube amp that I have tried. Call me what you want, but I was stating my opinion. He asked for it, didn't he?
Sorry if my post ruffled your feathers.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

Quote by Chance125
I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon at all. I honestly feel that line 6 modeling equipment (which I have tried) sounds nowhere even close to the Blackheart, or any other tube amp that I have tried. Call me what you want, but I was stating my opinion. He asked for it, didn't he?
Sorry if my post ruffled your feathers.

You don't get it, do you? You're entitled to think that, but you presented your statement as fact and made ridiculous blanket statements.

Quote by Chance125
theraven871 has not given a bit of good advice... Who the hell would want to play through headphones all day long with a line 6 modeling crap bucket?

I use a pocket pod to practice on.

Tube amps always sound good

I raise you the peavey valveking.

Nobody plays live with a piece of **** line 6.

That's just plain wrong and ignorant.

don't let anyone tell you to buy modeling ****, because in reality, it sucks.

Another opinion presented as "fact".

Many people here on UG give great amp advice

If by many you mean the 10 that actually think for themselves and only recommend what they've tried, then you're actually correct here

My Music
What I meant when I said who would want to play through headphones all day, is that he didn't say he had a good amp at the moment, and he would have to stick with it for a long time, so I was saying it'd be nice to have a good amp to play through without having to buy a whole mess of equipment to go along with the POD. I do think that I was a bit over the top with some of my statements though. I am sorry for the way I presented the post. I was trying to tell him that I prefer tube amps over modeling equipment, but he had said in the first post not to tell him that tube was better. I was wrong in the way I said things, and I agree, I came off as ignorant.

And btw not ALL line 6 is junk, I guess you can get okay sounds from the POD if you do some tweaking.
Sorry all for that post XD
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

Quote by MatrixClaw
Well the thing is, the BH isn't voiced quite right for the heavier stuff, so you're not going to get the same kind of tones you would with the POD. If you have enough cash to get a good pedalboard going, I'd say get a better amp instead.

For what you want, I'd still probably go for the POD. You can do more with it and it'd be much more useful and easy for recording things.

I agree with the first part of what Matrix Claw says

IF you have the cash to get a BH and a pedalboard, Why not just get a better amp!?
If you're on a budget and want lots of versatility the POD X3 is pretty damn good.

You can even plug it direct to the board if you gig and get some pretty decent sounds.

Most people that comment about Line6 just rehash what they have heard and read on these boards. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the Pod has its place and lots of people use them for gigging, studio work, or bedroom practice.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by Chance125
What I meant when I said who would want to play through headphones all day, is that he didn't say he had a good amp at the moment, and he would have to stick with it for a long time, so I was saying it'd be nice to have a good amp to play through without having to buy a whole mess of equipment to go along with the POD. I do think that I was a bit over the top with some of my statements though. I am sorry for the way I presented the post. I was trying to tell him that I prefer tube amps over modeling equipment, but he had said in the first post not to tell him that tube was better. I was wrong in the way I said things, and I agree, I came off as ignorant.

And btw not ALL line 6 is junk, I guess you can get okay sounds from the POD if you do some tweaking.
Sorry all for that post XD

I reckon the Pod would be nicer to have on its own than the Blackheart, even if playing with headphones can get annoying (I always manage to almost throttle myself with the cable XD) the range of tones is a lot greater than the Blackheart can give off without a substantial amount of pedals.

I'm a valve guy at heart myself too, I love my amp, but they're not always the best solution. The tone of my amp kicks the crap out of the pocket pod I practice with, but it sounds like ass until you wind the volume up and by that point I'd be in a world of pain with my family So that's where something like a pod comes in handy.

My Music
Yeah, I know how you feel with that. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have an amp with the capability to play loud than a bunch of effects though.
Also, I can't stand playing with headphones
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

here's another option. save yourself $100 and get the POD XTL. Add another $50 to your budget and get a Valve Jr combo. At least then you'd have both.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
here's another option. save yourself $100 and get the POD XTL. Add another $50 to your budget and get a Valve Jr combo. At least then you'd have both.

XTL is not exactly what I wanted. It's good and all but if you compare to X3 there's can be quite a big different. And about the headphone issues... I have a $200 headset which gives me very good sound from my little Pocket POD, so i don't really mind. Also thinking of saving up for a Atomic Reactor if I buy the POD.

I think I will get the POD after all now that there's so many good advices around. I agree the BH can require a bit of tweaking around with pedal board and stuffs. Being a lazyass like me I don't think I can stand it for long.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

How much will it cost for you to buy a BH and a pedalboard?
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
How much will it cost for you to buy a BH and a pedalboard?

BH will cost around $350 for both head and cab
Pedal board is around $350 also i think. Fulltone OCD, Zakk Wylde Overdrive and a good Wah pedal, delay, reverbs such will be run though my Pocket POD.

The Line 6 kit will generally cost the same: POD X3 $450 + Line 6 Pedal control board $150.

Mind you, i'm living in Sweden. Thing are expensive like asses here.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
BH will cost around $350 for both head and cab
Pedal board is around $350 also i think. Fulltone OCD, Zakk Wylde Overdrive and a good Wah pedal, delay, reverbs such will be run though my Pocket POD.

The Line 6 kit will generally cost the same: POD X3 $450 + Line 6 Pedal control board $150.

Mind you, i'm living in Sweden. Thing are expensive like asses here.

Is that in USD or your currency?
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
Is that in USD or your currency?

Yep. I estimated it into USD. I'm purchasing from Germany and England so Pound and Euro for me.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Yep. I estimated it into USD. I'm purchasing from Germany and England so Pound and Euro for me.

Are you set on those two or are you considering other amps?

I say Blackheart
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
Are you set on those two or are you considering other amps?

I say Blackheart

Not really. I'm still in between...

Blackheart_________________________[me]__________Line 6

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

id say blackheart with pedals also, thomann.de is good to order from if you live in sweden, i got my package to my door 3 days after i ordered it
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard