Page 1 of 3
Anyone see a way out?

Just looking at the news today, I find three articles on the subject:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7486078.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7485445.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7484692.stm

Violent crime is three times bigger here than in NY, and NY has a significantly larger population

The amount of money the kids are making in gangs is more than people make doing jobs, so whats to stop them?

The problem is really bad too, pretty much every teenager in London (I don't know about the rest of Britain) carries a knife or gun, or knows of someone else who does.

Is there any way to stop these kids doing what they do?
Quote by Abe Knuckleball
Bring back the cane and the death sentence.

For proven murder yes (e.g. the pointless stabbings in London).
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

they should bring back forced labour camps then they will be to fu.ckin.g tired to do f.uck all

(my grans actual words when she was drunk)
Quote by Abe Knuckleball

This.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I think the media needs to get out of this stupid idea that every kid in Britain has a knife, its pretty ridiculous really.
Quote by DimebagRob
I think the media needs to get out of this stupid idea that every kid in Britain has a knife, its pretty ridiculous really.

In London, I'd say one in three to five kids carry a knife.
Quote by meh17
In London, I'd say one in three to five kids carry a knife.

Which is still a minority.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by Abe Knuckleball

Teacher gets out cane.
Kid gets out knife/gun.

The problem is, they carry around knives because the other kids have got them.

It's the same argument with getting rid of nukes. They have to have them because the other countries have them.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by jmilli2
Bring back National Service

Bad idea
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

Effective social programs or some other silly liberal plan that's shown to work.

Not the death sentence. Especially since many of the perpetrators are children and so wouldn't be executed anyway. Unless you went even more insane and decided that we should execute kids too.

Anyone who suggests the death sentence is as much if not more of a threat to society than a kid in a gang.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by jmilli2
Bring back National Service

Bad idea, what about pacifists, or normal teenagers.

Plus, what help will it do anyway?
Educate young people to not be total assclowns and think that Its ok to stabb anyone who looks at you weird.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by Vince Noir
Which is still a minority.

It's still alot of kids.

The thing is, lots of kids used to carry knives decades ago, but nowadays the carriers think nothing of going straight for the vital organs, where as in the past they'd just give you a stripe or stab in the arms and legs (the leg can be dangerous itself mind.) Knife crime is nothing new.
Quote by Meths
Unless you went even more insane and decided that we should execute kids too.

Guess I'm incredibly insane then.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by meh17

Everyone always says 'What about pacifists'
Just because you work for the military doesn't mean you have to fight. There are plenty of other options.

However, it wouldn't work very well. Who would be sent off? Everyone? And when? How old? What about those who want to study at uni? What about the kids that a in apprenticeships trying to make a living?
Quote by Renka

Quote by meh17

Send them to Afghanistan and get them blown up?
Quote by DanRev
It's still alot of kids.

The thing is, lots of kids used to carry knives decades ago, but nowadays the carriers think nothing of going straight for the vital organs, where as in the past they'd just give you a stripe or stab in the arms and legs (the leg can be dangerous itself mind.) Knife crime is nothing new.

IM FROM NEAR WEALDSTONE, around Edgware. Irrelevant but still.

Anyway, knife crime is at an all time high, its not a new thing, but its growing
Quote by Abe Knuckleball

Yeah, I like spanking kids.
Quote by Yngwi3
Guess I'm incredibly insane then.

Me too

Suprised no one has mentioned "Video Games" yet..... they are the root of all evil.....(according to the media)
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

The media are painting it up as some sort of new-wave epidemic, when in fact kids have been tooled up for decades. The mods and rockers didn't exactly fight each other with poetry and a thorny rosebush.

Not saying the problem doesn't exist, but there is a fair bit of sensationalism going on (as with most things the press report).

Even in this thread we've gone from every kid in London carrying a weapon to one in every 5
Quote by Neillya1
Me too

Quote by Neillya1
Suprised no one has mentioned "Video Games" yet..... they are the root of all evil.....(according to the media)

Ah yes, that infallable source of information
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by meh17
IM FROM NEAR WEALDSTONE, around Edgware. Irrelevant but still.

Anyway, knife crime is at an all time high, its not a new thing, but its growing

Highly irrelevant since the media is mainly focusing on London and other major cities.
Because the area I live in is close to London there's a few groups of kids who carry knives because they hang aound with the Romford and Dagenham lot, who hang around with the east London lot... and so on.
Quote by Renka

Quote by mundieta12
The media are painting it up as some sort of new-wave epidemic, when in fact kids have been tooled up for decades. The mods and rockers didn't exactly fight each other with poetry and a thorny rosebush.

Mods and rockers, skinheads, rudeboys, punks, casuals didnt stab to kill though. That was reserved for the real nutters. It would usually be a "stripe" across the chest, face, whatever. Not nice, but alot less lethal than plunging a kitchen knife into someones neck.
Didnt Britain ban guns?, according to alot of peoples mode of thinking that would stop crime.. taking away guns...
Quote by mundieta12
Even in this thread we've gone from every kid in London carrying a weapon to one in every 5

It was 1 to every 3-5 depending on the area

I'm not a media sucker, who blames video games or anything, but gun & knife crime is a serious issue even though it is exaggerated by the media
Quote by DanRev
It's still alot of kids.

Yeah, I only said that because he said pretty much all teenagers carry them.

Like you say, it's nothing new. They talk about banning knives, but if you ban all knives they'll most likely find something else to stab you with.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
Quote by DanRev
Mods and rockers

Oh yeah... MODS FOR THE MOTHER ****ING WIN!
Is knife crime in Britain common? My cousin lives in Glasgow and he just got attacked by some assholes with knives last week. And he said its not uncommon to just get attacked walking down the street.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Vince Noir
Yeah, I only said that because he said pretty much all teenagers carry them.

Like you say, it's nothing new. They talk about banning knives, but if you ban all knives they'll most likely find something else to stab you with.

They can't ban kitchen knives
Glasgow's like one of the roughest places in the UK, especailly Paisley.
Quote by meh17

Exactly. And a screwdriver is just as good.

Quote by Kumanji
Quote by zippidyduda
Is knife crime in Britain common? My cousin lives in Glasgow and he just got attacked by some assholes with knives last week. And he said its not uncommon to just get attacked walking down the street.

Hes right, its much worse than anywhere else I've been. Someone I heard of got stabbed for stepping on some guys trainers. Not fatal, but still pointless.
Quote by meh17

It's illegal to sell knives to under 18s.
But what has ever stopped underaged kids from buying 18-rated products?
Quote by Renka

Quote by DeadMeadow
Didnt Britain ban guns?, according to alot of peoples mode of thinking that would stop crime.. taking away guns...

this is correct unfortunately black gangs of kids think they are 50 cent and Biggie Smalls
Hockey solves everything.

No joke, there is nothing more liberating then beating the **** out of someone on the ice.
Quote by OddOneOut
It's illegal to sell knives to under 18s.
But what has ever stopped underaged kids from buying 18-rated products?

The kitchen draw has a large selection of knives for your stabbing pleasure.
Quote by tuwyci
this is correct unfortunately black gangs of kids think they are 50 cent and Biggie Smalls

And chavs.
Quote by SuperiorToYou
Hockey solves everything.

No joke, there is nothing more liberating then beating the **** out of someone on the ice.

Handy, if everyone had easy access to an ice rink. They're not exactly common.

The kitchen draw has a large selection of knives for your stabbing pleasure.

Exactly. The government can't reallydo much in the way of bringing in new laws.
Quote by Renka

Page 1 of 3