OK I have a few questions about the PRS SE Custom guitar (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/se-custom---available-ju/69441)

It gives you the choice of a tremelo or a stop-tail bridge. I was wondering if anyone knew of any problems associated with this kind of a tremelo/which bridge is better etc. I tried one today but it was a tremelo without the bar so I couldn't really pass judgement on it.

Can anyone also recommend any better pick-ups? The zebra ones seem to have had not bad reviews but I found them a tad lacklustre today.

I'm pretty much asking for a more detailed review on the bridge and the pick-ups. Thanks!
Quote by ldzppln81
idk but good choice on a guitar.

And you sir have a good choice in Avatar.

I was wondering if anyone even knew of a site that might have a review of just the pick-ups or something? UG only has a general review for the guitar and as I want something more specific is there another site I should refer to?
Eh. It's an overpriced guitar.

I can't say about the pickups, but those bridges are pretty lame. They're more comfortable than Tune-o-matics, but that's their only advantage.
Quote by Flying Couch
Eh. It's an overpriced guitar.

i agree.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i agree.

me too
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
I've played the trem version breifly and enjoyed it. Solid build and good tone. I think the PRS SE line are very good guitars and not overpriced at all. You really need to go out and play one though as no one can really tell you what you'll like better.

I reviewed the PRS SE Singlecut for FrugalGuitarist.com and was extremely impressed. The pickups in the Singlecut (which aren't the same as the model you're asking about) are medium gain with good attack. Wouldn't be the best choice in my opinion for someone who only plays really heavy music, but for straight up rock and/or blues their pretty good.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895640

We could at least try to keep this thread alive, call it online litter-picking.

Quote by FrugalGuitarist

I reviewed the PRS SE Singlecut for FrugalGuitarist.com and was extremely impressed. The pickups in the Singlecut (which aren't the same as the model you're asking about) are medium gain with good attack. Wouldn't be the best choice in my opinion for someone who only plays really heavy music, but for straight up rock and/or blues their pretty good.

Just to contribute, I agree with this. I plan on getting a Tobacco Sunburst model at some point over the summer, but I'll be replacing the pickups with a Bare Knuckle Pickups Nailbomb set with any luck.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Last edited by Saint of Steel at Jul 3, 2008,