good band. the best deathcore band IMO.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
I think there needs to be 'The ONLY Deathcore & Metalcore Thread' made in the Metal section.

Good band, I like them.

What's the point? Because it'd make it a lot easier so people like this guy won't just make random threads where there will be only like 5 posts and then it'll be left. Why not just create one big thread so it won't clutter up the forum and make it a lot more easier.
Quote by ugg im kyle
Glad to hear everyone likes em
Does everyone like the vocal change they made?
Leading into the more "death metal" sound they became.

i deffinately prefer the growls and lower screaming. the high screaming gets really annoying.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
yea been listen to this band for sumtime now
but it was kinda off on there last 1
They changed from a straight hardcore band.
To a straight death metal band.
Their 3 previous releases were good in my opinion.
But the newest is the best by far.
If you start letting people post threads before you know it there'll be loads of threads popping up with only 1 or 2 posts...
Ughh i really dislike this. It's better then most bands of thisl style though though imo.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Well deathcore is supposed to be talked about in the hardcore forum i thought(maybe the rules changed). But so much deathcore/metalcore gets discussed hear now that it seems pointless to even make an effort.

whatever metal bands they want

The description of the forum says this: Forum for true metal. Death/ Black/ Gore/ Grind/ Power/ Gothic/ War etc. Dedicated to the most blasphemous and extreme metal bands!

the hardcore forum says this:Mosh it up to your favorite hardcore and metalcore bands!. And deathcore is just basically a form of metalcore.
Quote by Steve08

Well if thats the rules then so be it. They should change the forum description from being "Forum for true metal" if their allowing deathcore in though.
Quote by Steve08

I'm just saying, i do not consider that a true form of metal. It is diluted with the more mainstream hardcore sound and an aesthetic that doesn't really fit with the traditional spirit of metal. Not necessarily a bad thing. If your gonna say a forum is for true metal that would point towards taking the "elitist" stance against metalcore and hardcore bands being discussed in the forum.But this is obviously not the case so it's not really an appropriate statement IMO
Quote by Steve08

Edit: deleted all previous posts just so if people do fancy discussing this band, ive made my point.
Last edited by ch715dallat at Jul 2, 2008,
This thread has failed miserably already.

First of all, the official stance on deathcore as taken by the moderators here is that deathcore is far closer to death metal than to hardcore 100% of the time; if it were closer to hardcore, then it would just be metalcore. As such, deathcore can simply be lumped in with every other subgenre of death metal.

Second of all, there is no such thing as "true metal." "True metal" is a term created by insecure elitists who can't accept the fact that their favorite genre of music sometimes incorporates other forms into it and attracts fans of that other form of music to their style. "True metal" is just a way for said insecure metalheads to dissociate themselves from hardcore/scene kids. The only way for something to not be "true metal" is for it to not be metal at all, which is clearly not the case for deathcore and metalcore.

The mods have even said that if metalcore weren't a hugely popular genre of music right now, then it would be perfectly acceptable to discuss those bands in this forum. They are confined to the Hardcore forum for purposes of traffic only; the Metal forum is the most active B&A forum on UG, and wouldn't be able to handle the traffic. I suspect the same would apply to nu-metal as well, although a good deal of the bands in the nu-metal forum would fit better in the Modern Rock forum.

Hope that cleared everything up. Now, back on topic, Anthony Gunnells was a crap vocalist. The newer guy was way better, of course he's not in the band anymore either.
Quote by Scourge441

Second of all, there is no such thing as "true metal." "True metal" is a term created by insecure elitists who can't accept the fact that their favorite genre of music sometimes incorporates other forms into it and attracts fans of that other form of music to their style. "True metal" is just a way for said insecure metalheads to dissociate themselves from hardcore/scene kids. The only way for something to not be "true metal" is for it to not be metal at all, which is clearly not the case for deathcore and metalcore.

Or people just have their own views on what characteristics make up a metal band and what the spirit of it actually is. Most true elitist metalheads just don't like something their so passionate about being watered down with influences that to them seem destructive to the over all well being of the genre. It's not so much a device used just for disassociation or even stopping genre merging ( i love plenty of bands that combine different influences with metal ) It's more so just an attempt as a filter to keep it safe and away from the influence of things that are below the standard witch is obviously an individual thing.
Quote by Steve08

Last edited by Riffmast at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by ugg im kyle
Scourge441 <3

wait whut?

i pretty much said exactly what scourge said but i got a

/sigh?

wtf
Hahaha.

ch715dallat <3

There's enough metal love to go around.
And I think I am done in the hardcore forum for good.
Those kids are flooded with mainstream in their heads.
nah im back and forth in there for the DEP as theyll never classify as metal, plus theres an extra BTBAM thread in there
Quote by ch715dallat
wait whut?

i pretty much said exactly what scourge said but i got a

/sigh?

wtf

I think the <3 was for calling out the "omg I is so kvlt and br00tuhlz hessian" people who complain about metalcore not being tr00.
Quote by Scourge441
I think the <3 was for calling out the "omg I is so kvlt and br00tuhlz hessian" people who complain about metalcore not being tr00.

yeah those guys have plagued the metal forum since the beginning... they have no credibility and they fail LOL

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by Riffmast
Or people just have their own views on what characteristics make up a metal band and what the spirit of it actually is. Most true elitist metalheads just don't like something their so passionate about being watered down with influences that to them seem destructive to the over all well being of the genre. It's not so much a device used just for disassociation or even stopping genre merging ( i love plenty of bands that combine different influences with metal ) It's more so just an attempt as a filter to keep it safe and away from the influence of things that are below the standard witch is obviously an individual thing.

Please fall under a bus.

This band is pretty ok. Nothing really special in the overall scheme of deathcore.
Quote by ugg im kyle

I liked the low growl so much that I started experimenting with it and now it's one of my primary roars.
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
Quote by Tehzekester
The only band that's done anything special in the genre of deathcore is Glass Casket.

OH MY HEFFING GOD!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! (no homo) SOMEBODY ELSE HAS HEARD OF GLASS CASKET WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
Quote by MetalOblivion93
OH MY HEFFING GOD!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! (no homo) SOMEBODY ELSE HAS HEARD OF GLASS CASKET WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought everyone who knew anything knew about GC.
Bloodlust. What a kickass album. I hate their new stuff. They need to bring back Gunnells!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
I have to agree, Bloodlust is quite enjoyable, while Malice on the other hand is incredibly bland. I can't think of one moment on that album that stood out. I forced myself to listen to it once in its entirety, but i regret that now. Pass it up.
Quote by 11thHour
Bloodlust. What a kickass album. I hate their new stuff. They need to bring back Gunnells!

Their new stuff may not be good, but dropping that pathetic excuse of a vocalist named Anthony Gunnells was the best thing they every could have done.
Quote by ugg im kyle

very much so. it can only be a good thing. As Good As Dead is ****ing badass.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by Scourge441
Their new stuff may not be good, but dropping that pathetic excuse of a vocalist named Anthony Gunnells was the best thing they every could have done.

But look how generic the newest lad is. I really though Gunnells' vocals went very well on Bloodlust, and I could recognize his screams over someone elses. Something that would be impossible with the new front man. Although I did hear Anthony sucked live.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal