it seems as though in today's music industry, the main topic of most songs is a breakup or heartache scenario. if its not that, then usually it's about pain and suffering. it seems like "happy rock" like van halen or ac/dc has become severely edangered. some bands are an exception to this, but why do you think this has happened? marketabillity, conformity or what else maybe?
we dont enjoy happy things.........
watch the news........ it is all really awful ****e
we wont wanna hear good things.....
its human nature
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
I have some happy songs, I don't really like writing sad songs, but it just kind of...happens, you know?
listen to Panic at the Disco's new record. And before you all try to castrate me for mentioning them, do actually listen to the new record :p.
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.
I guess a lot of people feel happy songs don't reflect who they are. With the current state our country is in, i don't blame them. I mean happy songs are good in all it just depends on the band. Sublime and Slightly Stoopid for example make good happy songs.
There are plenty of happy songs, just listen to the right genres to hear them. But a lot of people write about the world these days and things in our reality, and let's be honest here, there's more negatives in this world than there are positives. And even at that, if you listen to upbeat music, the lyrics will generally be happy, if it's heavier or gloomier stuff... The lyrics will be less happy.
easy answer. The world is not a happy place. Anyone honest that can face the truth will see this.

besides, happy songs are pointless to listen to, whereas sad songs communicate true emotions.

Shiny Happy People - R.E.M. < Down - Socialburn
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
besides, happy songs are pointless to listen to, whereas sad songs communicate true emotions.

wat.

People can relate to sad songs more easily, and sadness is an easier emotion to evoke or strengthen. Happy songs are sparse, but they generally are extremely popular (I'm talking radio music here).

And, haha, generally, the better musicians & lyricists seem to be sad and/or pissed off at the world. Understandably. They're often a lot deeper than the average person.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by dabonehead182
I guess a lot of people feel happy songs don't reflect who they are. With the current state our country is in, i don't blame them. I mean happy songs are good in all it just depends on the band. Sublime and Slightly Stoopid for example make good happy songs.

That should be past tense bro
Well the world is not to happy. Of course I don't know why when happy music was popular, the world was in much worse of a state(Cold War era).

But most of the people I go to school with tend to be in to that emo stuff. Cutting them selves and stuff, we even had a suicide last year. People have almost entierly forgoten how good they have it.
Dude i no what you mean, Funny you should post this, i wouldnt call my lyrics happy but the riffs, vocal techniques are all sort of Iron Maiden style as in mostly all played in major, all standard tuning if you get me ofcourse.
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
we dont enjoy happy things.........
watch the news........ it is all really awful ****e
we wont wanna hear good things.....
its human nature

I want to hear that wars are stopping, crimes are stopping, people are learning to love like a giant family...you know. I 'm tired of seeing how many people died today at my local waffle house.
I got some good guitars, yo.
I write songs about girls and their infinite awesomeness. I also write about girls being bitches, because you can only be awesome or a bitch. Therefore both sides need to be covered.

So I feel that I am an exception.
Quote by Matt Chavie
I write songs about girls and their infinite awesomeness. I also write about girls being bitches, because you can only be awesome or a bitch. Therefore both sides need to be covered.

So I feel that I am an exception.

hahahaha
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by Ezuma
I guess you can only sing so many songs about sex, drugs and alcohol before they become stale...

Those topics never go stale.

The new Motley album is still about those three wonderfull things.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself