Anyone has an idea of a guitar with those specs, not too expensive ?
Last edited by slappyx at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by slappyx

Jackson DK2 .
I've bought mine for $550 , new.
Really great quality and everything plays and sounds nice.
The only minus is the LFR.
If you use it nonstop all the time , it will start going out of tune in 1-2 years.
If you really just use it for mild vibrato , It should last for a pretty long time.
i would say just a fender strat but they dont make many 24 fret necks.
Some older Charvels and Jacksons.
Last edited by False_God at Jul 2, 2008,
/\ fender heavy metal strat (it's an older model, and i think it's got 24 frets)

Otherwise Ibanez RG 560, Jackson Soloist, Caparison Dellinger (my favorite), PRS custom 24. The PRS is quiet expensive sadly, and the Caparison's are up there, but you can find em semi-cheap. the Ibanez is an older model, so it's used only, and the SL3 soloist is only about 1K.
Quote by False_God
Some older Chevels and Jacksons.

Do you have specific examples of these ?
he said not expensive lol. try the dk2 or a used ibanez rg prestige. you can find them pretty cheap on ebay
+1 to a DK2.

I think they also make some HSS Ibanez S series-es... ZR's better than the LFR on the DK2, though most of them come with pretty mediocre pickups.
Washburn X series, Jackson Soloists, Jackson Dinky's, ESP may have some (though I'm not too familiar with their guitars) all should have guitars that meet those needs.

EDIT: There are Ibanez SA guitars as well.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Jul 2, 2008,
Mmh yes the dk2 looks ok. Does it sound nice on clean tone too? I'd like a warm and round clean tone also

PS : the PRS is a bit out of my budget
+1 on the Jackson DK2
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Charvel Model 6.

Maple neck through a poplar body, 24 fret bound rosewood fretboard, hss p-up config (j50bc, j200, j200), and either a kahler or jt-6 trem (on par with schaller floyd).

Fantastic guitars and can be had for ~$700.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Since you have 1k you should definatly look further than the DK2.
In the end it wil be just a waste of cash.
Try looking for used Charvels or Jacksons as mention above.
Check out the higher end ibanez.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Since you have 1k you should definatly look further than the DK2.
In the end it wil be just a waste of cash.
Try looking for used Charvels or Jacksons as mention above.
Check out the higher end ibanez.

+1
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by False_God
Nice, give me a few minutes. Have some sweet guitars.

Any colour preference?

No, not really, black or red cherry is hot but it's not that important
The DK2 looks nice though what is the problem with that guitar ?
Charvel Model 6 is a bit hard to find now, it is said to be the origin of the actual Jackson Soloist but I don't think I can afford them right now...

Other suggestions ?
Quote by Zeldaik
i would say just a fender strat but they dont make many 24 fret necks.

Fender Showmaster is basically a Fender Strat with 24 frets. You can get them in a wide array of pickups configurations (HSS, HSH, HH, etc), and in hard-tail, vintage trem, or Floyd Rose flavours.
Quote by slappyx
The DK2 looks nice though what is the problem with that guitar ?
Charvel Model 6 is a bit hard to find now, it is said to be the origin of the actual Jackson Soloist but I don't think I can afford them right now...

Other suggestions ?

As I said in my previous post , the licensed floyd rose will go blunt in 1-2 years if you use it alot all the time. Gonna last much longer if you just use it for occasional dives or vibrato.
Otherwise , it's a really great guitar. I find it really well playable.
PS. If you want a sample , here's a little video of me playing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffp1olumGcM
Quote by Martin Scott
Fender Showmaster is basically a Fender Strat with 24 frets. You can get them in a wide array of pickups configurations (HSS, HSH, HH, etc), and in hard-tail, vintage trem, or Floyd Rose flavours.

I looked on Fender official website and i couldn't find any Showmaster with 24 frets. Furthermore, I only saw H-H configurations. Did I missed something ?
schecter hellraiser, blackjack atx, or a used jackson soloist. personally i would go for a hellraiser. the neck is the same profile as my gibson sg. which is really comfortable
Quote by Evil_Magician
Jackson DK2 .
If you use it nonstop all the time , it will start going out of tune in 1-2 years.
If you really just use it for mild vibrato , It should last for a pretty long time.

haha yeah i got that one =] in black though, seems like everyone got the white one.. my floyd is almost completely stripped out 2 years later but my nut stripped 3 months after getting it, i just stuck some emgs and it sounds even better then before, definitely a good buy.. oh and after getting used to the neck everything else but ibanez's seem to feel like bats even the schecter gryphon i played =\

whoops i thought you meant the dk2m, thats what i got xD which i think is much better for only like 50 dollars more.. no offense
Quote by ash_attack
haha yeah i got that one =] in black though, seems like everyone got the white one.. my floyd is almost completely stripped out 2 years later but my nut stripped 3 months after getting it, i just stuck some emgs and it sounds even better then before, definitely a good buy.. oh and after getting used to the neck everything else but ibanez's seem to feel like bats even the schecter gryphon i played =\

whoops i thought you meant the dk2m, thats what i got xD which i think is much better for only like 50 dollars more.. no offense

Yes , that's so true.
The DK2m is much better for the money but since I own a DK2 that's the only guitar I'm 100% certain aobut
Quote by slappyx

I have that it was only $158 before i modded it now its $650
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Congradulations, you are a genious even if you are intoxicated.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
lucky bastard and your knowlegde of chemical engineering...

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

:stickpoke why dose yellow hate blue? WHY!
Quote by Woozye
DK2 or DK2M

DK2M has HH config and so is schecter blackjack, it doesn't fit my specs. Thanks for your recommandations though. What about the Schecter stiletto-6 FR ?
Anyone tried it ?
I like the necks on Ibanez guitars, any suggestions on this brand ?
Last edited by slappyx at Jul 24, 2008,
Jackson dinky
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Evil_Magician
Jackson DK2 .

1-2 years? Did you put years instead of days or months? Anyway, I have a DK2 and if you set it up perfectly it doesn't go out of tune. Mine has been in tune for a week so far now.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!