Just curious. I think I'm still going to get an ENGL, but I've never considered the flextone amps before (I dropped Line 6 as a serious contender after demoing a spider III).

Does the flextone do a good job at capturing the tube sound and feel? Hopefully better than Vox Valvetronix series does.

cheers
No they aren't as crappy as Spiders. They are quite a well respected modeller.

However, no modeller can capture valve feel really (well I haven't found one). They do sound good to my ears though, for a modeller.
The Flextones are nice but in my limited experience with them I found them to sound a lot nicer for cleans through classic/hard rock than metal. They have a pretty grainy sound to them aswell.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
The Flextones are nice but in my limited experience with them I found them to sound a lot nicer for cleans through classic/hard rock than metal. They have a pretty grainy sound to them aswell.

Yea I found them a little harsh sounding too. Haven't played one in a while though.
When I was jaming with a band a little while ago in Croydon, We used them a good few times.

The felxtones are good, but I never enjoyed their sound much... We had them cranked pretty high too.

If you're looking for an ENGL, go get that.

-Paul