Hey i'm wondering if i buy a new bridge and neck for my 5-string bass can it become a 4?

just wondering
^

Just out of curiousity TS, why do you ask? Or why would you want to make such a change to a bass?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

It'd be even better if you could make it an MC Esher style optical illusion so you've got 5 strings at the nut but down the neck the gaps between the strings become the strings themselves so you've only got 4 at the bridge

if you see what I mean
Haha why bother...? You can always just not use the 5th string.

Plus, you never know when you might need one.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Well if you're serious about this, you can always try to put in single string bridges (like the monorail ones) and attempt to modify the headstock so you can customize your string spacing since you do have a wider neck, but doubt it would work.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
You're better off just selling it and getting a 4 string. It's possible to change it but it won't be easy and in the end it probably wont be worth it anyway.
There'd be a lot of string spacing, which I for one love.

I've thought of doing this to my Peavey Fury 5 before, although I refrained from in fear of murdering it's resell value. (I was planning on removing a tuning peg, sealing the hole and leaving it with a Stingray-ish style headstock)
I suppose you could.

but you can also play bass wearing boxing gloves.

I put these in the same category.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Why dont you keep it and just buy the 4 string??
Or sell it and buy the 4 string.
Idunnolol.

You guys seen the Bc Rich Zombie Exotic 5 string?
That sh*t kicks ass.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Take one off...
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Sure you can. You can do anything to a guitar or bass with the right skills and tools. The neck might be wider after you dunnit though.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*