Page 1 of 2
I know there solid states but they look cool and they are supposed to be good for all types of music. Who will try one? i will.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Forget trying one, I'm going to buy one without even knowing what they are because you said they look cool and that is the single most important factor in buying an amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Have fun. And I don't want an amp that's good for all types of music. If I could custom make an amp it would do as little as possible, so basically just a volume knob and a 3-band eq if you're really pushing the boat out. The more stuff amps do the more can go wrong.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Forget trying one, I'm going to buy one without even knowing what they are because you said they look cool and that is the single most important factor in buying an amp.

Yup. That, and the manufacturer said it's a great amp. I mean, what higher authority is there to ask?
chill out with sarcasm and flaming guys. Its just an opinion.

I will try one next time I'm at GC.

I would have today, but I was at Best Buy where I bought a David Bowie concert dvd (Reality Tour), JA's Surrealistic Pillow, And Jefferson Starship Timeless Classics (Live).

Quick everyone flame me for buying a starship album. LOL
Quote by timi_hendrix

I laugh, but I bet there are a ton of purchases based on that alone, the MG is the best selling amp on MF, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

I laugh, but I bet there are a ton of purchases based on that alone, the MG is the best selling amp on MF, lol.

, i know, i hate it when i'm looking at a guitar, then the review says,"This guitar sounds UBER AWESOME!!! through my MG HALFSTACK!!!!1!11!1!! RAWRRRR!!!!!

I have no respect for any reviews in MF anymore.
O O

___
Quote by neptune1988
give people advice they can USE, like a NORMAL CARING human being?

just a suggestion.

Caring is for the weak, I eat feelings. Om nom nom.

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Caring is for the weak, I eat feelings. Om nom nom.

HAHAHAHAH

wow timi, you never fail to amuse me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by neptune1988
you're wierd. By the way, the insane asylum called, you're due back by 9. Good luck!

I do try

My Music
they arent very good. ive tried them and they were very blegh. they arent too expensive and they dont sound awful, but i wouldnt buy one. i wouldnt recomend them either, for the most part.
Gee another spider/MG/ibanez toneblaster type amp. Just what we need more low price SS do everything but sound good amp. Lets see its got a built in tuner theres a big selling point like I dont have one or more of those. A bunch of mediocre digital effects. Its a 100 watts a half stack and cheap so yea they will sell a bunch of em.
TBH, I really didn't like the raven amp. My friend has a 30watt one. The OD is muddy, but not as muddy as an Mg's. The clean channel is ok, but nothing really special there.

EDIT: nvm, there is no 30 watt version. I guess he doesn't know his own amp...
Last edited by esp1234 at Jul 2, 2008,
Quote by TheBax
, i know, i hate it when i'm looking at a guitar, then the review says,"This guitar sounds UBER AWESOME!!! through my MG HALFSTACK!!!!1!11!1!! RAWRRRR!!!!!

I have no respect for any reviews in MF anymore.

...says the one with the spider III. hmmm.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I think they'd make a nice beginner amp or practice amp....They're actually my amp of choice at GC since all the other's are Spiders and MG's
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I jammed with a guy who had one. It sounded not so great with guitar, but pretty good with harp.
Quote by neptune1988
you're wierd. By the way, the insane asylum called, you're due back by 9. Good luck!

GTFO

/thread
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't know about yours but my GC has a whole 'rack' of them taking up valuable space.

here's some:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?src=Raven&Search.x=16&Search.y=19

word man.
They take up the rack above my peavey's. which pisses me off, because they dont have a classic 30/50 on the floor anymore. only a jsx and a valveking
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^Kool - last time I was there a few weeks ago (after being bombarded with the MG piles first and the Spiders at the front of the store) I was unable to find 1 Classic 30 or 1 Blackheart. The Peavys were actually on the other side of the Ravens facing the back of the store)

WTF?
Quote by theoreticmusic
...says the one with the spider III. hmmm.

but seriously, i'm going to trade it in as soon as i get a tube amp, i'm just gonna brade it in for a Cube 20X, or something just specifially for bedroom practice... but for now, the spider's okay, just not past 4 on the mast. vol., haha.
O O

___
Its another cheap and nasty SS amp that has been made big and cool-looking to attract retards.

Avoid.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
It's only $600 for the 100 watt half stack?!?!?! Why on earth did I waste my money on a tube amp? They don't do anything but break.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
It's only $600 for the 100 watt half stack?!?!?! Why on earth did I waste my money on a tube amp? They don't do anything but break.

Srsly.

I'll trade you
Quote by TNfootballfan62
A peg > Nature

The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^

Srsly guys, that half stack is great deal, but you don't know anything about amps until you check out the brand of amp I own: A peg.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Yeah, I'd even say they had a "woody" tone, which is the kind i like.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
XD at "a peg"

Even though I have a pretty mint amp, I want a peg too!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Page 1 of 2