Hello, anyone have any tips to play cleaner and with better timing?

Thanks.
metronome!
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Do you have a metronome? If you answered "no" to this question, get one. The best way for ME to improve my timing/clean playing of some harder parts of songs is breaking them down and learning them first at a much slower tempo. Gradually increasing speed as you can play it perfectly at a given slower tempo. Eventually you will be able to get it up to speed. One of the main reasons this works so well for me is because when I play so it so many damn times it just gets glued into my brain. I find I can play things much faster if I don't have to refer to the tabs at all.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

wash you jands and wash your guitar, then, your hands wont get as sweaty and greasy and use lukwarm water, so as to not shock your nerves in your hands,
Quote by dlmebag
Hello, anyone have any tips to play cleaner and with better timing?

Thanks.

Not getting shot would have been a good start

Seriously though, like stinger said play with a metronome, and playing along to CDs also helps with timing.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
play it repeatedly at a slow speed and build speed
ive played the intro to paradise city 363 times today(yes i count. normally dont have to play that many times, but the timing was a little strange)
i've got it down perfect now, and am moving on to the verse
Quote by aedmiston
play it repeatedly at a slow speed and build speed
ive played the intro to paradise city 363 times today(yes i count. normally dont have to play that many times, but the timing was a little strange)
i've got it down perfect now, and am moving on to the verse

Good God o_o

But yeah, metronome. I started using it to learn songs recently and it's doing wonders for my playing.