Yeah but make sure you get a Tele in HH format, because the Jim Root model has two humbuckers. Also, it probably won't look exactly the same, but technically yeah you can make yourself a similar sounding guitar. If you want to go cheap, start with the Squier Tele Custom, it's the only cheap Tele in HH format. Too bad it's made out of agathis though...
jim root's tele is made of mahogany, most fender teles are alder or ash, some squiers are agathis. theyre are some fender teles that are mahogany but thier like $800. but if u get a guitar made of ash,alder,or agathis it will sound way different, plus he uses emg 60 in the neck and 81 in the bridge
Quote by MikeLynyrd
jim root's tele is made of mahogany, most fender teles are alder or ash, some squiers are agathis. theyre are some fender teles that are mahogany but thier like $800. but if u get a guitar made of ash,alder,or agathis it will sound way different, plus he uses emg 60 in the neck and 81 in the bridge

Yeah but even if you used some cheapass agathis Squier, put a 60/81 in there, and cranked up the distortion (which I'm assuming TS wants to do), would the agathis make that much of a difference from mahogany?
na prolly not, is agathis supposed to be a cheaper version of mahogany? , i mean i know its a really cheap wood ,but wat does it sound like?, and i agree with u that the squier is prolly the best choice though.