I'm looking to upgrade from my PRS Santana Edition and I was looking at this beautiful beast.

Billy Corgan Strat

Specifications:

Body: Alder
Finish: Satin Lacquer
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Maple 9.5"
Frets: 22 Jumbo Frets
Scale Length: 25.5"

Hardware: Chrome
Tuning Keys: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
Bridge: Modern Hard Tail Bridge
Pickguard: 3 Ply Black/White/Black on (805) Olympic White; 3-Ply White/Black/White on (806) Black
Pickups: Special Design Dimarzio® Billy Corgan Single Spaced Humbucking Neck Pickup, Dimarzio® ChopperTM Middle Pickup, Special Design Dimarzio® Billy Corgan Single Spaced Humbucking Bridge Pickup
Pickup Switching:
5-Position Blade:
Position 1. Full Humbucking Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Inside Coil of Bridge Pickup and Full Humbucking Middle Pickup
Position 3. Full Humbucking Middle Pickup
Position 4. Full Humbucking Middle Pickup and Outside Coil of Neck Pickup
Position 5. Full Humbucking Neck Pickup
Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck), Tone 2 (Bridge)

has anyone played one of these? I've never played a Strat before so I'm not really sure how this compares to a basic American Strat.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
It looks really nice, I haven't played it though. Tell you what I want more, the J Mascis Jazzmaster. Oh lawd. I want that badly.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
That guitar was just announced so I doubt anyone has had the opportunity to try it unless they went to NAMM.

And are you upgrading from a PRS SE or a real PRS?
Looks nice. Altho you could easily take a good white strat and upgrade it like that for less possibly (and with different/better pickups). Looks like theres no Trem on it, and NAMM gear isnt normally out for awhile, and an Artist Strat is normally much more than a normal, similar one.
Ok thanks for the replies.

What would be a good PRS upgrade from what I have? Preferrably in the $1,000-$2,000 price range.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
You could easily get a Custom or Standard 22/24 used for that much off of eBay if your flexible...

EDIT: Here's one with a 10 top for under $2000...
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 2, 2008,
I was JUST looking at one similar to that.

The PRS CE w/ Black Cherry is effing beautiful.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
outside of the fact that it has three (3) Dimarzio humbuckers in all three positions (which I guess explains a lot of his tone - which I personally like) the strat looks pretty standard.

There is a bit on the front page of fender.com, here it is if you want more:

http://fender.com/news/index.php?display_article=259
i saw that on HC awhile ago, and it looks damn good. Not only do I want a Caparison, but also this Ibanez RG770 reissues, a warmoth strat AND this thing.

Goddammit.....*sobs at not having the money for everything*.
would it be any different than changing the pickguard to black and then switching out pickups if you wanted to? say to the american standard strat- oly white, maple fret?
Quote by Maidenfan066
I'm looking to upgrade from my PRS Santana Edition

That's the second time in 2 days that I've seen someone refer to the PRS SE line as "Santana Edition." It's Student Edition...big difference.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Man i got that bad boy yesterday plays really well, sounds amazing when played clean. Ive never played a prs so i couldnt really tell u if its better or nto but it was definetly worth my £700 plus the hardcase that u get is stunning
Quote by set the ray
Man i got that bad boy yesterday plays really well, sounds amazing when played clean. Ive never played a prs so i couldnt really tell u if its better or nto but it was definetly worth my £700 plus the hardcase that u get is stunning

What about with distortion? Also is it great at sustain?
The Cats are out in town.
Kat Gear
Crybaby Wah
Whammy pedal
Ibanez SZ520
Zakk Wylde MXR Overdrive
Vox AD30VT
MXR Distortion III
Taylor acoustic.
Yamaha Pacifica 102
well so far ive only really been playing pumpkin tracks but its great for all there heavier stuff like zero and tarantula, but yeah the sustains great you can hold those notes for ****ing ages.i did tried fade to black on it last nite and it suprisingly sounded really good. I was just using distortion from my amp but with your mxr you should be able to get a really nice sound.
Quote by set the ray
well so far ive only really been playing pumpkin tracks but its great for all there heavier stuff like zero and tarantula, but yeah the sustains great you can hold those notes for ****ing ages.i did tried fade to black on it last nite and it suprisingly sounded really good. I was just using distortion from my amp but with your mxr you should be able to get a really nice sound.

Thanx
I always want to owned a Fender so I thinking getting one of these in the future.
The Cats are out in town.
Kat Gear
Crybaby Wah
Whammy pedal
Ibanez SZ520
Zakk Wylde MXR Overdrive
Vox AD30VT
MXR Distortion III
Taylor acoustic.
Yamaha Pacifica 102