I am looking at the Crate V50 alot, but I can't find sound samples anywhere. The only one I heard was the V3112, and that's discontinued, so it's out of my price range. I was wanting to get the V50, but I don't want to get an amp without trying it or hearing a really good example of the tone. Is it worth the money? Do you guys know of any sound samples other than that ****ty one on youtube where the guy throws the thing?

Any help would be appreciated.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
I am 50 miles from the nearest guitar center. It takes some arranging to be able to get a ride there.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

hmm, try to find some clips of the Palomino's, there pretty much sound the same give or take
Like he said. If you find clips of the Palos, then you've found what are essentially clips of the V series.

The V series is only slightly more modernly voiced, and has a bit more gain.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
They sound pretty good, from what I'm hearing on youtube. They got some pretty shotty reviews on Musiciansfriend though. I'm a little iffy on this one. Does anyone have one? or have any demos of it perhaps?
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

You never really want to use online reviews all that much in your decision, because a lot of the time, when something happens the person will make a review, but when everything is fine, the person is less likely to review it.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I've always looked at it differently because I always review something when I get it, no matter how it is.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

Yeah buy you are not everyone now are you! jk, but anyway from what i gather you want either the VK or the Crate correct? So go to guitar center, try out both and get the one you want. Or do you have to get it online?
It's going to be my birthday present, and that's coming up soon. I need to tell my parents what i want so that they can buy it. I'm not sure if I have time to go to Guitar Center, because I have to wait until someone can give me a ride. (it's 50 miles away)
And even then, I dunno if they will even have what I am looking for
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

Well if you're not sure about the local GC's stock you can call them. Thats what i did to find a palomino. And my nearest guitar center is around the same distance as you have to go.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=34wNfmpYrb8

That sounds pretty good to me.

I like them. Much, much, much, much more than a valveking.
Quote by Chance125
I am looking at the Crate V50 alot, but I can't find sound samples anywhere. The only one I heard was the V3112, and that's discontinued, so it's out of my price range. I was wanting to get the V50, but I don't want to get an amp without trying it or hearing a really good example of the tone. Is it worth the money? Do you guys know of any sound samples other than that ****ty one on youtube where the guy throws the thing?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've played it, its alright. Good tone, and a vintage sound to it.

Not very good distortion, I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on playing classic rock.
Judging by your name, I assume you like metal more than I do.... I don't need a real heavy distortion, and if I need a boost, I'll just get an Ibanez TS9.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull