Poll: Is Good music isnt mainstream?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Good music isnt mainstream?
Yes , of course
20 53%
Hell no
18 47%
Voters: 38.
Anybody seem to feel that all good music, is usually that of which is not mainstream, right now anyways
Maybe back then mainstream was good music but right now i think its the other way around
Anyone agree?
Stranger Danger ! What? Huh? Do i Know you? I Don't Talk To Strangers.
Last edited by DarkSound at Jul 2, 2008,
Mainstream is crap, it's manufactured to make money, not to sound good.

Edit: Your poll question makes NO SENSE
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I prefer lesser known music with regard to modern music, however I really think it's just preference. I really don't see why the modern bands I like are any better then mainstream bands. They're just different.

Plus, I think a lot of people hate mainstream because they want to be different and unique.
Pretend the Poll says, Is GOOD MUSIC MAINSTREAM?
Stranger Danger ! What? Huh? Do i Know you? I Don't Talk To Strangers.
Meh, mainstream stuff can be good, just as underground stuff can be rubbish.
Is good music isn't mainstream?

I don't listen to the radio, so I'm not really in tune with what's mainstream and what's not. I just listen to what satisfies me that moment. But the problem usually is that the music on radio and tv is made to entertain, not as a form of art.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
define good.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Foo'

This.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
i love the way you have added the whole challenge aspect back in reading. it was getting too easy. now it keeps my interest quite well. thanks ts.

and obviously, it's not black and white. most mainstream stuff is **** imo, most underground stuff is **** imo. most music in general is **** imo. but every once in a while (often enough to keep me coming back for more) you come across something great.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I have a very varied taste in music,some mainstream, others not.

As long as I like it, I dont care if its mainstream or not, if 13yr old girls like it or not, or if UG music snobs like it or not.

I like a bit of:

Babyshambles
QOTSA
Spice Girls
The Ventures
Kanye West
Backstreet Boys

and so on.....

As you can see I like Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys songs, as well as other music that would probably get the thumbs-up here on UG.

Flame all ya want

Also TS your poll is atrocious....
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Its not definite answer as you say.

Also, you aren't taking into account the "Mainstream alternative" which has just as big an audience as mainstream.

If you want true underground alternative, it can suck, it can be good... the same as mainstream music... so, how are we supposed to answer your poll? Theres good music all over.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
if it were bad would it be played on the radio? well maybe in your opinion yes, but to the casual radio listener, the answer is no. because there are more casual listeners than diehard fans of a certain genre of music.
Quote by DarkSound
Is Good music isnt mainstream?

Idk, I think isn't mainstream isn't is better good music is.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
I won't vote because I'm not sure what I would be voting for.

So, I'll just say that some mainstream can be enjoyable, you just have to search, really, really, really hard to find it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Foo'

I agree thats why im not voting. :-\
mainstream regarding what stream?
the radio?
"I listen to bands nobody has heard of" kids?
everybody loves the beatles type deals?
Some mainstream stuff is okay, but the majority of it, is not. I stopped listening to too much mainstream stuff. And I hate it when my friends all go "OMG YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THIS SONG? IT'S EVERYWHERE!" Pshhh. :P

But yeah. Non-mainstream stuff can be bad too. Just a lot of it IS good.
If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks ,
then I'll follow you into the dark.
Taste is 100% subjective. So you can't just call mainstream music good or bad. It depends on your personal taste. When will people get this?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by The Madcap
I prefer lesser known music with regard to modern music, however I really think it's just preference. I really don't see why the modern bands I like are any better then mainstream bands. They're just different.

Plus, I think a lot of people hate mainstream because they want to be different and unique.

in a nutshell

+1
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte